Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Battle of Hoenn  Teams Empty
PostSubject: Battle of Hoenn Teams   Battle of Hoenn  Teams EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:10 am

Hello hello, I am here to crank up the battling section once again. I have two mini teams I would like to throw out there so you guys can look to see if they need anything.

Team 1

Salamence @ Salamencite
Adamant nature
Intimidate
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Roost
-Facade
-Earthquake

I have a feeling Sableye will be around, so I want to protect against burn with facade. It also lets me not fear poison. Flying/Ground is excellent coverage, and is all it needs to succeed, and there are only a handful of pokes that can beat it.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature
Magnet Pull
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon
-Toxic

This takes care of Skarmory, and gives nice momentum with Volt Switch. HP fire isn't necessary because everything it's designed to hit is not in this competition. Toxic is for when I meet something I know my team will have trouble with.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Impish nature
Prankster
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover
-Night Shade/Knock Off/Confide

This will beat Mega Aggron, among other things. The last slot is kind of a toss up.

Team 2

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Jolly nature
Speed Boost
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Substitute
-Flare Blitz/Focus Energy

Lead, speed passer, flaming chicken.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Modest nature
Sniper
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Flash Cannon
-Substitute/Focus Energy

Critdra.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Adamant nature
Clear Body
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Magnet Rise/Bullet Punch/Power up Punch

Not sure which way to go here. I think I prefer PuP, but priority is something that is always good. Although Magnet Rise could help a lot against Salamence and Flygon. And the other moves are negotiable too, I was thinking about replacing Meteor Mash with PuP.

Anywhere there are slashes I could use some insight. Also, if you have insight into other things, like a move or Mon that works better, please let me know.

I think Team 1 is far and away the better team, but unless someone leads with Mega Salamence and plays it just right, Team 2 will roll over about anything, so I want to take it in the event I don't see a mega Salamence.

I'm getting us that Tyrunt, but I want to do it in style.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battle of Hoenn Teams   Battle of Hoenn  Teams EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:16 am

Just realized there is leftovers overlap here, I think I'll go for a different Blaziken set.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battle of Hoenn Teams   Battle of Hoenn  Teams EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:36 am

I might go with an item you can't immediately tell Blaziken is a speed passer, to protect from Taunt, specifically if Sableye is around.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battle of Hoenn Teams   Battle of Hoenn  Teams EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:50 am

Hmm. That is true, but would it matter because if I sub on turn 2, it is going to be obvious then, right?

What do you think would be good? Maybe just mental herb?
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battle of Hoenn Teams   Battle of Hoenn  Teams EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:08 pm

What exactly are the rules to this?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battle of Hoenn Teams   Battle of Hoenn  Teams EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Anything in the Hoenn dex besides the big three, Jirachi and Deoxys. No soul dew I'm pretty sure. I think this is the last day to sign up.

I think right now my biggest threat is Lati@s.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Battle of Hoenn Teams   Battle of Hoenn  Teams EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 9:11 am

When they said registration ended today, I stayed up late finishing the team because when you click on battle, it asks you to register your team for the competition. This apparently is not correct. All you need is the player ID. Sigh...

Anyway, more thoughts on the team. Would a modest Magnezone be better than a scarfed one? For a slower volt switch? I can see benefits to both. I guess it depends what I can out speed with scarf.

Also, decided on confide for Sableye, as it gives me a very good chance to stall out Latios, and in the event it doesn't, Salamence gets a free dragon dance and probably wins the game. I don't fear other Sableye because Salamence can beat them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of Hoenn Teams   Battle of Hoenn  Teams Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle of Hoenn Teams
Page 1 of 1