Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Gliscor: Acts as the main physical wall.

Rotom-W: Used primarily as a defensive Pivot and to cripple threats with status.

Heatran: Acts as the main special wall, sets up rocks if it gets a chance, carries a good fire move for Scizor and Skarmory and Ferrothorn and stuff, and it can do some toxic stalling.

Azumarill: Sets up, rests, then attempts to sweep. Can revenge kill with Aqua Jet.

Tangrowth: Bunsel wants an Assault Vest pokemon. It can deal with Rotom-W and Regenerator + Giga Drain + awesome bulk makes it annoying as hell.

Mega Alakazam: Main Special Offensive threat. Trace allows you to pull off some pretty cool strategies.

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:11 pm

This team needs more Assault Vest.

Just at first glance, it seems to lack offensive presence. The instant offense is there, but a setup sweeper might be necessary. Also, the lack of a dedicated special wall bothers me as well.

Calm Mind Clefable puts in some WORK for me. But that's personal preference. I think we need to switch out one defensive thing for an offensive setup sweeper of some sort. But I'm going to have to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 11:17 am

Bunselpower wrote:
This team needs more Assault Vest.

Just at first glance, it seems to lack offensive presence. The instant offense is there, but a setup sweeper might be necessary. Also, the lack of a dedicated special wall bothers me as well.

Calm Mind Clefable puts in some WORK for me. But that's personal preference. I think we need to switch out one defensive thing for an offensive setup sweeper of some sort. But I'm going to have to think about it.

I actually like Calm Mind Clefable quite a bit, although it is hard to switch it in, in my experience. Maybe we could consider stored power on it? My clefable wreaks havoc with Stored Power + Calm Mind (with Moonlight), specially when the opponent tries to boost as well (people always assume i'm using magic guard for some reason). And for anything immune to psychic (dark types) we could have STAB moonblast in case. If this is stupid someone tell me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:16 pm

I edited the OP according to suggestions. Now I'm thinking about maybe removing Mandibuzz, because nothing on the team is really weak to hazards and Clefable can handle set up physical threats like a baws so Foul Play isn't really necessary. But I don't know what to add to the team. Maybe a Focus Sash Magic Guard Alakazam? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 pm

I think moon blast and flamethrower is just a little better coverage here, it misses out on fire types, but the thing it can't beat is steel, I think it covers better than stored power insofar as it needs to be able to beat steel types if its going to succeed as a setup sweeper.

Stored power Clefable is really good with cosmic power and charge beam though. This also allows soft boiled as well I think. A set we could totally do. The reason I think it works better is that calm mind is a move you can come in, setup one, and deal damage right away with those two attacks. But to make stored power worth it, you'll need a few turns to make it worth the setup, and that is where boosting both defenses can come in really handy.

I was thinking the same thing about Mandy. If we're going to remove it though, maybe Charizard isn't the best mega wet could run. I was actually thinking about the merit of a fully defensive Gliscor paired with specially Defensive Empoleon (cover every one of the others weaknesses,really solid core) or something like Blissey or Florges that can wish and heal.

What about stall Gliscor with an Empoleon with rocks and Defog? Then we can keep Charizard?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:46 pm

Oh, and include Yawn on the set as well, that coupled with rocks could really rack up the damage. Scald and yawn would make it annoying to switch into.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Uhm... Charizard isn't there anymore... just sayin'... the mega is Scizor now XD

I replaced it with Heatran. And I prefer Heatran over Empoleon as a special wall because... you know... Heatran can actually do something after walling... And also we need a fire type.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Oh lol. Wrote most of that before the change.

Now I like the team. However, I'm going through severe assault vest withdrawals. Tangrowth. Do it. You get that sweet fire water grass core.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Edited in a "final" version of the team (i.e. no more slashes with alternative choices).

Anything else to change?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:38 pm

I'm testing the team on showdown right now btw
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:00 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Anything else to change?

Needs more Weedle!!!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:08 pm

The team is super weak to Mega Venusaur Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Just BTW, Tangrowth should be quiet with full HP and special attack. You may consider focus blast and HP ice over earthquake and sludge bomb, but that's a matter of preference. In any case I don't think we really need sludge bomb, it's pretty bad coverage, and we have Heatran to beat fairy types.

What if we change Rotom to physically defensive and add someone that beats Venusaur? Alakazam perhaps?

Also, we may consider bug bite over knock off on Scizor, but I see the merit of both.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I'm testing the team on showdown right now btw

Battle me? Very Happy

note, i use my clefable suggestion on my regular team so don't be surprised lol

After having Bunsel pointing out its weaknesses i'm convinced i'd lose lol
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Just BTW, Tangrowth should be quiet with full HP and special attack. You may consider focus blast and HP ice over earthquake and sludge bomb, but that's a matter of preference. In any case I don't think we really need sludge bomb, it's pretty bad coverage, and we have Heatran to beat fairy types.

What if we change Rotom to physically defensive and add someone that beats Venusaur? Alakazam perhaps?

Also, we may consider bug bite over knock off on Scizor, but I see the merit of both.

Not sure what exactly it is but i get the slight feeling that you want a tangrowth on this team lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:25 pm

It's not that it's weak, it's really good. Stored power is a great suggestion, it just doesn't pair as well with moon blast with how common steel types are, that's all.

Actually, I just wanted an assault vest user, and Tangrowth provides a nice complement to the other guys and also lets us beat a mold breaker earthquake.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm not testing anymore, I have to work.

But yeah, I really think Sassy with HP and Sp.Def is better. Tangrowth's special defense is not nearly as good to run Assault Vest without investments, it would keep getting KOed. And I've used Sludge Bomb quite effectively so far. In the little testing I've done so far, the main problem of that team really isn't the Tangrowth set.

The least useful pokes on the team so far have been Gliscor, Clefable and Scizor. If anything should be changed, it's those three.

Gliscor should run Ice Fang instead of Knock Off. I usually prefer Knock Off, but for some reason, on that team, I've run into a lot of situations where I would have needed Ice Fang.

Instead of Scizor and Clefable, I'd go with either Mega Mawile + Alakazam, or Azumarill + Mega Alakazam. I think I prefer the 2nd option.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm

I like the second option, but I think it's less reliable to run belly drum Azumarill than Swords dance Mawile. We could run banded Azumarill, but then we lose our setup sweeper.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Might as well just give Scizor Technician.

1. Allows you to bluff another item if you can get away with revenge killing something w/o Mega Evolving

2. Chances are we wont be breeding a Light Metal variant as we will be breeding 2 sets, 1 for Scyther and 1 for all around Scizor.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh the teams don't necessarily have to use the pokes we breed, we can use them on Showdown for our tournaments. But yeah I just gave it light metal in case I want to switch it on a Grass Knot, but I know that's not going to happen very often so Technician would definitely be good too. But if we're removing Scizor from the line-up I guess it's not even a question now.

@ Bunsel : I kinda want to try Power-Up Punch Azumarill.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 3:45 pm

Here's another version of the team. We'll test it before putting it up instead of the other one though.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Substitute
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Azumarill @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Rest

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 4:06 pm

I'll give it some test time today too if I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 4:34 pm

idk, I just dont feel PuP is that strong of a move with just Play Rough. AJ is nice however its too low base power that if something resists Play Rough it'll have no problem setting up all over it.

My PuP Azumarill has Lefties and Waterfall with some speed EVs and I find Waterfall is the STAB I use the most.

Also unrelated but when will the next type be available for choosing? Wondering if I'll still be able to be on by then. Have a specific poke I want to snag before anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:06 pm

First impressions: that fire water grass core is really tough to break. I've had three people forfeit pretty early on when it became apparent that they weren't going to break it. Conkeldurr is a threat to the defensive Pokemon, but it can't stay in on Alakazam and Azumarill checks it really well, plus, it bluffs the choice band really well if you don't try to set up too early. Just remember not to throw status around too freely if it's still around.

I suggest running roar on Heatran since we lost our setup check in Clefable. I ran into a calm mind Latios that I was able to scare out with Azumarill, but I had Heatran in and could have just stopped it right there without running the risk of a Psyshock.

Bones, I hear what you're saying, but the problem is this team lacks priority otherwise. It's really helped me check stuff thus far though, and fits the defensive nature of the team. I just haven't really gotten it setup. I need to battle more.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Entrainment Durant with hone Claws Dugtrio. Trapped Azumarill and alternated between protect and hone claws foe 13 turns to get to plus 6. And then didn't run stone edge, and Gliscor subbed on the sucker punch and won the game. Gliscor is still an amazing stall breaker.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 5:53 pm

What poke do you usally use as a lead?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Most games it's Tangrowth. The mixed bulk helps.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 7:09 pm

I usually use Rotom... maybe I'll try that.

So far the pokemon that annoys me most is Greninja. I never know what to switch in against that thing, nothing's safe.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:18 am

I've actually not faced it. I can see where this would be trouble though. Is Azumarill an option?

Actually, Alakazam outruns it, right? You could trace Protean and wreck some shop.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:32 am

Alakazam outruns it only once it has mega evolved. And the first turn it mega-evolves, it doesn't have the mega speed yet... so if you haven't mega evolved him yet it doesn't work.

I've just been predicting its moves and switching to pokes that resist its next moves to let it kill itself with its life orb. But it still does quite a lot of damage, even when resisted.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 12:39 am

Right, that's what I meant, you have to have it mega already. I got sheer force from a Tauros earlier, I could have won right there, and then I missed two focus blasts. That was after the Tauros crit me twice to kill Tangrowth. I was getting haxed like crazy today.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 7:49 am

You face teams with RU pokemon (Tauros is RU right?) and no Greninjas? o.o What's your ranking? I'm at 1500 and at least half the people I face have Greninja and I'm not even exaggerating...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:15 am

I'm sure it's not very high. I had another account, a little while ago, but I can't remember what I named it so I had to make this one. I don't use showdown as regularly as Pokemon online because po has a less intensive app.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:24 pm

Lack of Mega Mawile is disturbing. Much annoy, very stress, so distraught.....

Using doge to stress how disturbed i am, even though i don't know how well it would benefit the team lol

Last edited by Dragon-Flower on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Lol. You are funny dragon.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:03 am

The Pokemon I like least now on the team is Azumarill. After a lotof testing, I find that the only use I really get from it is some Aqua Jet revenge killing. I did manage to set it up 2 or 3 times, but it's not really worth it.

Honestly I think such a team doesn't need a set up sweeper. If we're to keep Azumarill, I would use a choice band set. Or we could replace it with something that would deal with Greninja and Mega Venusaur better since they're the 2 threats I've had most trouble with. I'm thinking Talonflame, but then again I don't think we can afford running it without a spinner/defogger and also I'd prefer something that can take a hit... any idea for a bulky poke with a strong priority move that greninja doesn't resist and a flying move to take care of Venusaur?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 1:10 pm

I was gonna suggest togekiss for venusaur + bulk but it hasn't got a specially based priority move (and we're looking for a physical attacker right? hmm

Since Greninja's type changes with protean all the time we can't just choose one move that'd cover it's weaknesses, only priorty that i can think of above 40 Base Power off the top of my head is Extreme Speed (and Sucker Punch i guess)....

My Solution is Mega Mawile Very Happy lol

We'd need something either a flying or psychic type move on hand since thick fat covers venusaur and with priority + Bulk...

E-speed Dragonite? Sorry guys i'm running low on ideas ....

EDIT: I'm assuming you mean mega venusaur too (that's why i brought up thick fat).
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Can't Alakazam beat Venusaur?

In any case, the only priority move that can hit Greninja is Mach Punch and Extreme Speed. I am thinking about either Conkeldurr or, what I think is the better option, Lucario. We can run a myriad of sets, even special if we wanted to do that. But maybe the best option is swords dance with Extreme Speed.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Can't Alakazam beat Venusaur?

In any case, the only priority move that can hit Greninja is Mach Punch and Extreme Speed.  I am thinking about either Conkeldurr or, what I think is the better option, Lucario.  We can run a myriad of sets, even special if we wanted to do that.  But maybe the best option is swords dance with Extreme Speed.  

I was thinking lucario but it confused me because of the mixed stats and movepool and i eventually got scared and Sad

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Mach Punch is still ok because it uses ice beam all the time and it's naturally dark. But yeah, extreme speed is a good option that patches up its lower speed.

To your point dragon, we could run a mixed set. It's tougher to pull off, but maybe subbing in Dark Pulse for swords dance could work.

One thing I see being a problem is Aegislash. But Rotom and even Tangrowth can take care of it one on one.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:44 pm

What about Gourgeist's Trick-or-treat? It could annoy Greninja. Never used it though. Has anyone tried it yet?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Every time Protein activates it'll eliminate that change. And adding ghost to something isn't that useful.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Really? How sad Sad useless against Protean Greninja then...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 4:47 pm

I haven't tested it, but based on the fact that protean changes the type to the attacks type that that's how it works.

And also stupid phone auto correct typing protein.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Yeah Bunsel Alakazam can take care of Mega Venusaur but, the problem is, you can't really just switch in on Venusaur and take a hit, you have to switch in after it killed something, and the main purpose of pretty much all our pokemon (other than Alakazam) is to be able to survive very long so i hate having to get one killed just so I can switch in Alakazam safely...

So, as much as I hate to say this, I'm thinking maybe we could remove Mega Alakazam from the line up. I think this team prefers pokes that can afford switching in and out a couple times.

So, instead of Azumarill and Mega Alakazam, maybe:

- Mega Gardevoir and Lucario
- Mega Mawile and Slowking
- Gallade and Mega Blastoise

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:37 pm

I know someone who's going to vote for Mega Mawile lol but if we're changing, I think it is a great option
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Just tested this for 3-4 matches and won them all, against ~1500 opponents, so far I think it's pretty good.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Substitute
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Power-Up Punch
- Substitute

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:22 am

What's the point of Slowking's spread? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just curious what the purpose is.

Also, I know we have an assault vest user already, but can we consider AV Slowbro? It has better bulk than Slowking, you just lose out on slack off, but a regenerator core is pretty tough to break.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:07 am

The EVs just balance its bulk a little. Like, its sp.def is already so good, and we have other pokes that can take the special hits that are super effective against Slowbro, so I decided to invest in def until it was a bit more decent (so it can help Gliscor take strong physical water, ice and fire moves easily) and then when I was satisfiedI just putthe rest in sp.def. I didn't run any particular calcs to come up with these exact numbers if that's what you're wondering.

And yeah we could try AV Slowbro. Considering that the point of the team is mostly to switch a lot and tank hits, 2 AV users with Regenerator would be fine, and even good.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:45 am

As far as the spread, I think Slowbro has enough general bulk to pull off a modest full hp full special attack spread, 95/110/80 is great general bulk. I'm thinking scald, psyshock and fire blast for the first three moves, I guess ice beam for the last?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First OU Team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: First OU Team!   First OU Team! Empty

Back to top Go down

First OU Team!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next