Team_Darkfire
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

Sun & Moon Breeding Empty
PostSubject: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:19 am

Sooooo...

When do we start re-breeding everything? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 12:15 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:

everything? Very Happy

Haha, I don't know if I want to re-breed everything. The ones we had bred are still good enough even for those with retconned abilities (Cursed Body Gengar, Drought Torkoal, Drizzle Pelipper).

Maybe just the new ones, including those with new forms? There's not a lot of new Pokémon introduced in Gen 7.

Even then, I'm not very excited to breed. I'd wait until Bank becomes compatible.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 2:07 pm

Sooo... I was at work and didn't feel like working so I started this:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Team_Darkfire
Breeder
Team_Darkfire

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Definitely agree that we should wait until Bank is compatible.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 7:17 pm

IGuys, I have Mimikyu, Cubone, and Rockruff pretty much set to breed just saying. I'll post when I finish.

Also it's worth considering all situational Hidden powers b/c of bottle caps.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 2:17 am

Cubone is done:

Cubone
Adamant
31/31/31/x/31/31
Lightning Rod
- Belly Drum
- Chip Away
- Perish Song
- Screech

Great for A-Marowak who is actually good this gen. It has a niche in OU since it checks a lot of he top tier threats.

Breeding tons of extras. How will distribution work?

Also anything we already have can stay as is imo. post bank we should be able to use them on WiFi so no point to do everything, Pokes with new abilities, ems, and forms are all worth redoing though.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 am

BTW guys, I got like 30 5iv Cubone by now. Once I get that shiny I'm doing a giveaway so please let me know if you want to reserve one with preffered gender.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Well I’m on the precipice of the elite four, as soon as I get done with that, I’m going to start breeding. Considering the perfect ditto are floating around, I don’t see a reason we can’t hit the low hanging fruit if we want too. There’s no point in splitting by type this time, so what are everyone’s thoughts on just opening it up for whoever wants to do it? everyone has put in a ton of effort so I’m not worried if dark or blue or whoever doesn’t want to breed just yet and they get like one or two more Pokémon than they bred.

I’d just like to get you guys involved in the process.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 2:37 pm

I was joking everyone. I only just got to the 3rd island. I doubt I'll be able to breed anything before January at least. And of course we're not re-breeding everything. We can all start thinking about the sets we want for the new mons and the old mons with new forms or abilities, though.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 4:30 pm

I got a perfect ditto but havent beaten red/blue yet so no IV guy Neutral

but yes also can someone playing sun trade me any old vulpix?
i'll work on setting up my cloning again (my router is in my room now so no more frequent disconnects Smile )
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 7:26 am

I guess we can start opening it up, formally list and discuss possible sets on a separate thread, like what Ms. C has done in her previous post. This will likely re-animate the group and the site, which would be great since it has been a while.  

Those who want to start breeding, I'd say go for it.

Personally, though, I would wait for Bank. Based on our collective experience anyway, it might take us around 2-3 months (probably more) to get this done. So there's ample time, no need to really rush. I'm not yet even sure if Powersaves support Sun/Moon cloning (?) Can people with Powersaves confirm?

Also, whatever happened to the re-breed episode? I think I still have the mons I bred...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 8:24 am

I think it does work bash, from what I’m reading.

That being said, who all has power saves here? I don’t have it, but I know a significant number do, and I’d like to get copies once I’m done with my first project.

...which I will showyou guys once it’s done.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 1:52 pm

I think the re-breed was never completely finished... we should probably finish that before we start new ones.

Zoid, Dragon and I have powersaves, so if you have some rebreed mons send them to one of us, then we'll see which ones are missing
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I think the re-breed was never completely finished... we should probably finish that before we start new ones.

Zoid, Dragon and I have powersaves, so if you have some rebreed mons send them to one of us, then we'll see which ones are missing

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....it's too early after release to bust out the powersaves.....let us be lazy Smile
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:32 am

Dragon-Flower wrote:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.....it's too early after release to bust out the powersaves.....let us be lazy Smile

We've been lazy for months now. We need to finish ORAS before we start SUMO <.<
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 10:49 am

Well I really don’t want to do Chimchar because that thingwas like an 8 egg chain and was going to require 6 iv. If you guys really want if, I will, but I don’t even think it was a necessary one anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:07 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Well I really don’t want to do Chimchar because that thingwas like an 8 egg chain and was going to require 6 iv. If you guys really want if, I will, but I don’t even think it was a necessary one anyway.

It would be really great to have a Chimchar with Fake Out and Quick Guard for doubles now that I play VGC. I don't even care about 6IV really, I just want these 2 egg moves.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am

Well that’s probably not that hard b
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 7:38 pm

Even though I've started some breeding, I think it's best to wait for bank. Like it has been stated, we still need to finish the re breed session and also I know some haven't pick up their Pokémon from the cloners; myself included.

Another reason has to do with egg moves. For example, Rowlet gets curse as an egg move but the only way to get is through a breeding chain that needs Farfetch'd which is only obtained through bank.

There is also the fact that the 7th gen starters' HA have not been released yet. Though I do have a feeling that those will be released through Pokémon Bank like HA Regis were.

Ya know I think this is the longest post I have ever posted in here
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 7:44 pm

bouncer2085 wrote:
Even though I've started some breeding, I think it's best to wait for bank. Like it has been stated, we still need to finish the re breed session and also I know some haven't pick up their Pokémon from the cloners; myself included.

Another reason has to do with egg moves. For example, Rowlet gets curse as an egg move but the only way to get is through a breeding chain that needs Farfetch'd which is only obtained through bank.

There is also the fact that the 7th gen starters' HA have not been released yet. Though I do have a feeling that those will be released through Pokémon Bank like HA Regis were.

Ya know I think this is the longest post I have ever posted in here

I agree about the egg moves. I think now that maybe we should just hold off officially, but I know I'm gonna start just doing my own personal projects, and there's really no reason I can't submit them here.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 11:51 pm

I think we should have a second subcategory for sun/moon breeding that those of us who are active can use for now imo. That way once bank is out we know if we already gOT a poke covered before we get serious. A lot of new mons egg moves are locked til post bank too.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 11:57 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of moves that are locked unfortunately. I'm having trouble finding anything to breed that has 4available egg moves.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

Dragon-Flower wrote:

me, a legend: leeched off of someone else instead of u guys Razz
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:

I have the following:

Skrelp
Vulpix (x2)
Heracross
Shelmet
Tyrunt
Machop
Amaura
Golett

Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:

Dragon, did you need one? I totally missed it. I've got 4 egg move HP ground ones.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:

Dragon, did you need one? I totally missed it. I've got 4 egg move HP ground ones.

I didn't know a hp was benificial Shocked i'll just wait till distribution for one (if that's gonna happen), since the ones i have now are regular and tbh i'm in no rush. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 2:23 pm

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/bluedrybones1s-mystery-zone-cubone-giveaway-in-giveaway-section-new-hp-poison-beast-ball-deino.3558923/

I'll put this here, its a great way for you guys to see what I bred so far in SuMo.

So far:
Moon Ball Cubone
Beast Ball Deino w/ Hidden Power Poison

Your probably thinking right now that I'm a madman for breeding something as useless as Hidden Power Poison. Well actually it might not be as bad as you think (at least on paper) as it hits certain dual type Fairies 1.5x harder than Flash Cannon. Notable ones are 3/4 of the Tapus and Azumarill and based on some of the calcs I run it does make a difference whether you can get a OHKO or 2HKO with specific items.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 11:21 pm

No dedicated SR head of I'll mention it here. Spent weeks looking for a 0 Atk Tapu Fini with a useful Hidden Power and got this and few days ago.

Bold | 31/0/31/10/31/10 | HP Fire | Dive Ball

Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. 0 Atk and a useful Hidden Power are much more important than 5ivs imo. Mainly b/c of Hyper Training this Fini will outperform a 5iv one with more atk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun & Moon Breeding   Sun & Moon Breeding Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun & Moon Breeding
Page 1 of 1