8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

New gen questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lots of speculation now with the news. I'm sure everyone heard about the news by now, but bank working with red blue for the new two games is big.

Here's a question, what cool moves that weren't available before will be now that your red and blue buddies can be transferred?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2016 6:40 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Alright, decided to preorder Moon online as I want to be sure I can reserve one on release day. I like he version exclusives on Moon better so far. For those of you who are getting Sun feel free to ask me for them once the games release.

I will be getting Sun, so that works.

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I think what bugs me most is that Popplio sounds like a male name, and also, idk, the general "feel" of Popplio was a cute little clumsy-but-adorable doggie-like sea lion, and now they're completely moving away from that feel.

I think you're right. It isn't that I hate the design, it's that I hate the fact that they completely changed what the base mon had you think was going to happen.

That and I hate it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 11:07 am

I pre-ordered Sun for a midnight release but now I'm debating whether or not to get the special metallic box with both games instead...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I pre-ordered Sun for a midnight release but now I'm debating whether or not to get the special metallic box with both games instead...

Don't do it! You have a community of People that can get you the others!

But if you want to you can totally do it. I will be using my Amazon Prime to get Sun for 31.99 and you guys will supply me with the exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 10:42 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Mademoiselle C wrote:

Don't do it! You have a community of People that can get you the others!

But if you want to you can totally do it. I will be using my Amazon Prime to get Sun for 31.99 and you guys will supply me with the exclusives.

Oh it's not for the exclusives. I have plenty of people who can trade me the exclusives. It's just because I know perfectly I'm going to end up getting the 2nd game anyway, so might as well get them in a nice box while I'm at it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Eh, not a big fan of the Bounsweet evolution, thought that could have been better. Although, it could have been worse...

Alolan Muk looks terrible and there is absolutely no good explanation for why.

The Type:Null evo looks cool, although I wasn't thrilled with the fact that it exists.

Huge fan of Kommo-o. That is the best thing they've unveiled for this region. Absolutely a fresh, new, awesome concept. Will be getting one on the first playthrough, no question.

I'm real anxious to get to see what that Morel Pokemon's evo looks like. I can't figure out why, but I love that thing.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 10:55 am

Sikvally looks amazing. If it can fit into my favorites team and has a shiny that looks just as good I'll definitely MM one along with Cubone in SuMo
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 1:10 pm

Tsareena looks like she yells at the starbucks manager because she asked for quarter fat not half fat   Smile
Cutiefly's evo, bumblewhatever, looks cool in that scarf so i'm using it Smile
Muk? i don't know her, who is she?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 4:47 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Sikvally looks amazing. If it can fit into my favorites team and has a shiny that looks just as good I'll definitely MM one along with Cubone in SuMo

yeah, it's definitely cool, I guess it wasn't so much disappointing as much as surprising that it exists.

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Tsareena looks like she yells at the starbucks manager because she asked for quarter fat not half fat Smile
Cutiefly's evo, bumblewhatever, looks cool in that scarf so i'm using it Smile
Muk? i don't know her, who is she?

Holy sweet Moses Malone, T-Swift returns. And with a bang.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 4:07 pm

I love Muk. So fabulous.

And really, Game Freak? RKS System? Arr-kee-uhs System? You can do better than that...
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 5:13 pm

He'll always be Arse-ee-us to me Neutral
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
He'll always be Arse-ee-us to me Neutral

That's because it is Ar-see-us
Alakazam
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2016 6:24 pm

Alakazam
wew, I forgot about this.

also

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Boy oh boy, did GameFreak ever screw up every single Alolan form besides the two Ice types and Marowak. Yikes are Persian and Dugtrio just terrible.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 5:12 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Boy oh boy, did GameFreak ever screw up every single Alolan form besides the two Ice types and Marowak. Yikes are Persian and Dugtrio just terrible.

When i saw persian i died a little inside, but at least it's sort of funny in a kid-friendly way. Gamefreak CAN KEEP dugtrio.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 5:39 pm

Wrong way round.

Nermal must go, but Dugtrio is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
Wrong way round.

Nermal must go, but Dugtrio is amazing.

Noah fence, but if i wanted a bad wig on a couple of overgrown sausages i'd go to the 99p store Smile the garfield looking Baller Cool  can stay

New gen questions - Page 2 Tumblr_of8pwaTmMm1svkrymo1_400
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 7:21 pm

Ah Nermal. Memories.

But no. Dugtrio is funny in an ironic way. But it is absolutely awful.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Noah fence, but if i wanted a bad wig on a couple of overgrown sausages i'd go to the 99p store Smile
But poundland bought all the 99p stores  Cool

In all seriousness I find Alola forms inherently ridiculous, I get that they're trying to keep old mons relevant but they really just seem like a worse way of doing megas. It's because of the comedy value that I can stomach Dugtrio and Exeggutor, they're just too ludicrous for me not to like.

But yea, the icebros are legitimately purdy, not holding out much hope for Sandslash being good in battle unless they completely change its stats (pls stop with the defensive ice types) but Ninetales could be pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
Noah fence, but if i wanted a bad wig on a couple of overgrown sausages i'd go to the 99p store Smile
But poundland bought all the 99p stores  Cool

In all seriousness I find Alola forms inherently ridiculous, I get that they're trying to keep old mons relevant but they really just seem like a worse way of doing megas. It's because of the comedy value that I can stomach Dugtrio and Exeggutor, they're just too ludicrous for me not to like.

But yea, the icebros are legitimately purdy, not holding out much hope for Sandslash being good in battle unless they completely change its stats (pls stop with the defensive ice types) but Ninetales could be pretty awesome

OK, that I am down with. I like them in an ironic Hawaiian way.

Also, for Iceslice (new name for Alolan Sandslash), the little thing mentions that he's slower...which will all but kill his relevance.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:20 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Also, for Iceslice (new name for Alolan Sandslash)

Stolen for nicknaming purposes

Now to hold out for something at least somewhat cool. Is Technician + Ice Shard + Bullet Punch asking for too much?
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

OK, that I am down with. I like them in an ironic Hawaiian way.

OHH I GET IT NOW, i see where they were coming from for dugtrio. still hate it tho but at least i get the comedy value lol

also @Karp i forgot u were british lol, so i thought i would get away with calling it 99p Sad
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 8:28 am

I know. I returned specifically to stop you from spreading these malicious rumours about our glorious homeland
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 11:22 am

So a ton of new stuff (for those not looking at spoilers).

Love the Owl, dislike the cat and the seal as a starter. That signature move is not good. Also, Decidueye is a pretty darn cool name. Tossing around nicknames,

Root Owl
Beech Owl
Robin Hood

Cosmog looks kinda dumb, not super impressed.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Robin Hoot

There, I fixed it for you.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 6:29 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:
Robin Hoot

There, I fixed it for you.

Never even thought of Hoot. Thank you. Now the nicknames will begin pouring from my brain.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 8:56 am

Potential nickname for the water starter.

Sealine Dion
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 11:53 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Potential nickname for the water starter.

Sealine Dion

I think you just singlehandedly managed to make me like Popplio again.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 8:33 am

More nicknames

Decidueye:

Owl Capone
Owl Green
Owl B. Sure
Hooty Lewis
Owl Pacino
Prince Owlbert

Morelull and his evo:

Tom Morelo
Spore Boy

Turtonator:

Arturtlery

i was pretty sleep deprived last night, so I expect today to be a very creative day.

Edit: even more

Water starter

Seal Lo Green
Miss Take
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Miss Take

Savage
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

Seal Lo Green

no room for one hit wonders here Smile

Bunselpower wrote:

Miss Take

Ok you didn't have to do her like that No i'll write the obituary Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

Seal Lo Green

Bunselpower wrote:

Miss Take

Oh hang on a minute Taylor, I'mma let you finish. But Cee Lo Green had at least 3 hits when you count his Gnarls Barkley days.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 9:50 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

Seal Lo Green

Bunselpower wrote:

Miss Take

Oh hang on a minute Taylor, I'mma let you finish. But Cee Lo Green had at least 3 hits when you count his Gnarls Barkley days.

I need to clarify that I'm joking when i pretend to like Taylor Swift, and I actually intensely dislike her music. I could write an essay on why I don't like her Smile but i need to keep up the annoying teenager aesthetic u kno?

Anyway:

Gnarls Barkley was a duo tho so doesn't count Razz (Usually i'd agree that it does, but i'm tryin to win an argument here  alien )
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 12:31 am

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:
Dragon-Flower wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

Seal Lo Green

Bunselpower wrote:

Miss Take

I need to clarify that I'm joking when i pretend to like Taylor Swift, and I actually intensely dislike her music. I could write an essay on why I don't like her Smile but i need to keep up the annoying teenager aesthetic u kno?

Anyway:

Gnarls Barkley was a duo tho so doesn't count Razz (Usually i'd agree that it does, but i'm tryin to win an argument here  alien )

Dude was the voice.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 9:31 pm

I remember when. I remember I remember when Gnarls Barkley was in the charts.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
I remember when. I remember I remember when Gnarls Barkley was in the charts.

There was something so pleasant about that time.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Crazy is the only song by granules treebark i remember
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2016 3:04 pm

have you guys heard mimikyu's cry? i cried a bit
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 1:26 pm

I have a new gen question: why hasn't anyone posted since release Sad h8rs
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 7:49 am

Dragon-Flower wrote:
I have a new gen question: why hasn't anyone posted since release Sad h8rs

People are most likely still playing the main storyline. In my case, I've put off the post-game quest and competitive breeding until Bank becomes compatible so that I can transfer my Dittos and other Pokémon suitable for Hidden Ability hunting. So right now, I'm just trying to complete a living dex of only Gen 7 Pokémon. GTS has been really helpful.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 10:21 am

I'm so busy I'm still on island 2 with level 20-30 pokemon and I won't have time to play until christmas and kill me please Smile
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 12:26 pm

You should try S.O.S. chaining bash. That's how you get HA Pokemon his gen. I got a Sturdy Togemaru that way.

Also using the same method you get better IVs. Guranteed 4 IVS at a chain of 40 so better parents.

Even without the proper team just pick a simple one that can last long in battle and you should be fine?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 9:36 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
You should try S.O.S. chaining bash. That's how you get HA Pokemon his gen. I got a Sturdy Togemaru that way.

Also using the same method you get better IVs. Guranteed 4 IVS at a chain of 40 so better parents.

Even without the proper team just pick a simple one that can last long in battle and you should be fine?

I know but I'd rather use my Mew that's built for HA hunting. Also chaining for 40 Pokémon for 4IVs really takes too much time given my schedule. I'd rather wait for my hacked Dittos to transfer over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New gen questions   New gen questions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New gen questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2