HomePokemon SpreadsheetTiersLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Empty
PostSubject: The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now   The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Soo, I've been laddering with intent to annoy. Currently at 1430. I do not have the time (or the skill, pick whichever suits you  Razz ) to ladder super high, especially with a team of this nature, but I would at least like to crack the top 500 before retiring them. I realize stall can be very controversial, but I've never tried it myself and I have to say it is a bit of a guilty pleasure. 90% of matches end in a forfeit. On the downside, many of them last 50+ turns. Anyways, advice would be appreciated. Please note that I'm also trying to keep this team pentagon-legal, so it can be replicated in-game once I'm happy with it.

NOBGOBBLER (Slowbro) (F) @ Slowbronite

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Slowbro

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Well, I wanted to build the team around MegaBro, the derpiest mega. I started off with Slack Off + 2 attacks but I found it really underwhelming because anything with Toxic insta-wins. I honestly can't understand why it's more popular than RestTalk... which is actually more reliable, because its only counters are the things that can directly kill it or set up on it. Similar sets have been popular since gen 3, but it's nice to be able to pull it off with something that can't lose to crithax. Another great thing about Slowbro is that it doesn't need to mega to be useful - thanks to Regenerator it also serves as a great early to midgame physical sponge, only mega-evolving when I know it can setup and guarantee a win.

COCKMUNCHER (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Heatran

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Taunt

As much as I hate its ugly face, it's an unfortunate truth that Heatran is the only great bulky fire-type in OU singles. The set is fairly standard and allows it to fill in a bunch of cracks - it sets rocks, it phazes, it taunts. Specifically, it serves as an answer to smogon bird and those pesky defoggers Scizor and Skarmory, as well as opposing Ferrothorn.

WANGMASTER (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Ferrothorn

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Ferro used to be my rock setter but it replaced Chesnaught as my spiker instead. It still plays basically the same and walls basically everything that isn't Fire or Focus Miss. There is not much to say, it's very reliable at getting down spikes and generally irritating everything.

WILLYNIBBLER (Tentacruel) (F) @ Black Sludge

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Tentacruel

Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes

Tenta completes the Fire-Water-Grass core of hazard setters I have going on here. I also really needed a spinner, as Defog feels kind of self defeating here. I did try Acid Spray but I found myself never using it, so I've opted for Knock Off instead. Tenta is a bit of a crack-filler - not amazing but generally manages to do its job(s)

DICKLICKER (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Clefable

Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Unaware does have its disadvantages compared to Magic Guard, but it is absolutely necessary to prevent setup sweepers. CM Sableye are everywhere, and this Clefable can ruin them along with a lot of SD/ DD sweepers. Clefable also serves as an answer to the Lati twins, who like to ruin my day with Defog. Flamethrower is great for baiting Steel-types. Wish-Protect is simply because of Softboiled and Unaware being incompatible, but I did run Moonlight and Aromatherapy earlier on. However, my team is not that afraid of status at this point, so I'm not sure it would be worth going back.

DONGRIDER (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Gliscor

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake

There is little to be said about this set, it's one of the most annoying things to face. I was inspired to go specially defensive as a result of the Gligar thread, as physical attackers rarely stay in on Gliscor anyway, although part of me feels like I should just go max speed so I can sub on more things (it currently gets the jump on uninvested base 100s, neutral 252 base 70s and +252 base 60s)

-This team has serious problems with Zard-Y, and I feel like Chansey is the only cure for that. HALP

-Mega-Diancie is also a big annoyance, with HP Fire variants potentially 2HKOing my entire team.

-Although I've yet to encounter one, I feel like Taunt Gengar could also be a pain in the ass.

-It also would've had problems with Greninja, but if smogon are going to ban everything I may as well take advantage of that. Cool
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now   The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:18 pm

I'm already annoyed just reading about this team... the horror O.O
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now   The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:21 pm

big hero 6 superhero names confirmed
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now   The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 2:46 pm

I don't really get why stall is so controversial. It's a perfectly legitimate strategy. The real reason no one likes it is because the new 5 minute hyper offense auto approach to team building doesn't carry a way to beat it. Taunt is a move people.

Anyway, I had an idea for the Charizard Y, how about Politoed? It has a huge support move pool that includes Encore, Toxic, and the very switch inducing Perish Song. It can't 2 hit KO you, and if you run a careful nature and 140 ev's into attack you can OHKO it with waterfall.This is significant because I think if he brings it in ready to launch a solar beam, you switch into Politoed and he can't switch out of the two turn move, and you beat him. (I think). Slowbro would be great bait for this. Also rain helps most of your team anyway.

You may have to drop a water type for this though, and the only thing would be a fighting weakness on your fire water grass core. But rain helps Ferrothorn and Slowbro.

Encore and perish song could also help you with Diancie.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now   The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:00 pm

people dont' like stall because it's boring Smile

it takes more than 5 seconds to beat

hence why i, and no one else, likes stall Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now   The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 3:09 pm

I love stall. It's such an art form. I ran a hail stall team back in 5th gen and it was the most fun I've ever had with a team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now   The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now Empty

Back to top Go down

The Boner Brigade! A stall team without ChanSkarm, or whatever they're calling it now
Page 1 of 1