Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:30 pm

I've been playing TCG Online quite a lot and I believe I'm starting to get the hang of it. I would really love to play with you guys: battle, trade, etc.

So for those who would like to download the game, it's available for Windows, Mac and iPad here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/

The game is free, and you can get free cards pretty easily so you don't really need to pay for them unless you're REALLY REALLY impatient. (I'm only REALLY impatient and I'm doing fine without using real money.)

Getting started with the game:

If you want to start playing, I suggest you begin with the "Trainer Challenge". Pick a starting deck (it's either water, grass or fire) and stick with the same deck for the whole challenge. When you beat a trainer, beat them again and again until you've gotten the 4 stars before you challenge the next one. When you get to 4 stars against a trainer, you get a free 10-card expansion pack, so that's really cool. There are many trainers to beat in that challenge so that's a lot of free cards you can get from the beginning. You also get coins that you can use later to get more cards. By the way, go with Hard immediately, even Hard is ridiculously easy. I mean of course sometimes you get unlucky with the cards you draw and you end up losing but really the computer is freaking stupid no matter what so don't worry.

When you're done with the Trainer Challenge (or when you're tired of beating the same stupid computer trainers over and over again and want to take a break), you can go build your own deck using all the cards that you have. My suggestion for a deck is 20-22 pokemon cards, 18-20 trainer cards and 18-20 energy cards (you need to have exactly 60 cards in total). You can go to VS mode and do some practice battles and test your deck and then you can start battling against real people online.

What I want to do with this section:

I'm going to make a thread for trades and another one for challenges and we'll see where it goes from there. Feel free to post a new thread if you have something to say. Really, I have no idea what we're going to do, so I think we should just go with the flow and at some point when we know what we're doing I'm going to organize things better according to our needs.

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Trades   Pokemon TCG Online EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:32 pm

For trades, I think a good way to start is to choose 1 or 2 types for your main deck and then try to get good cards for the types you chose.

My main deck is Psychic (duh) but I have some very good cards of other types. I think it's kinda sad to have them and not to use them, so if you guys have decks of other types and want to trade that would be great!

Just post your deck type here and make offers to other people if you have something good for their deck.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:45 pm

By the way my screen name is MademoiselleC so you can add me as a friend. Leave your screen names here so everyone can add you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:36 pm

Terrible news...

Bulbapedia wrote:
Items, cards, and packs obtained from the Daily Login Bonus, the Trainer Challenge or with Trainer Tokens are not available for trade with other players to prevent players from accumulating these items by creating multiple accounts.

Basically that means only the cards that you buy with real money or that you get as prizes for battling people online can be traded.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Can anyone convince me to get this? I never played TGC before Surprised

I had cards a long time ago but really they were just for the pictures, never knew how to play Razz

Also do I ever need to spend anything to git gud?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Does that mean any cards you get for free can still be traded? Or a pay to win thing?

EDIT: I get it now Surprised

such sadness.

Does this mean that some cards are impossible to get unless you pay?

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:52 pm

That's really sucky. I mean, I guess they don't want people cheating the system or whatever, but man.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Well, turns out you can still get some cool things with the prize cards you get sometimes from battling people online. I got a few free booster packs and single cards that I could trade.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Meh downloaded it b/c why not. Found out you can use your trainer tokens there from your Pokemon.com account Surprised

Makes me want to play alot of minigames there now. Though I havent even checked what I can buy yet.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:02 pm

TCG's super fun. I kinda like it more than the main games to be honest.

You don't have to spend anything to be good at it, though it does help if you buy booster packs because it helps you build a better deck.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:14 pm

ed819 wrote:
TCG's super fun. I kinda like it more than the main games to be honest.

You don't have to spend anything to be good at it, though it does help if you buy booster packs because it helps you build a better deck.
Well I mainly mean for like ultra rare OP cards cause it'll be no fun if I have to face them and have nothing better to use.

I also noticed the Play Coins from the main site transfer over for use in the shop. So if I play alot of minigames on the main site to farm coins I can get alot of packs from the shop easy and thus actually be able to buy stuff?

Also now that Mega Gengar Full color scheme code from the ORAS Demo email has use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon TCG Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon TCG Online   Pokemon TCG Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon TCG Online
Page 1 of 1