Item: Life Orb/ Focus Sash
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
-Extrasensory
-Memento
-Sucker Punch
-Snatch

Same egg moves because why not? unless anyone has a better suggestion for the latter?
Progress

Discussion Stage! Please leave your input! It's very much appreciated!

Last edited by Dragon-Flower on Sun May 11, 2014 2:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:13 pm

I also go for special offensive but that's just me. How about Snatch instead of Detect? Detect is just like Protect.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Opt for snatch over detect, and memento since dark pulse is a TM move. We don't like adding moves that are level up and TM moves.

I'm no expert, but can we run naive or hasty and go all out mixed attacker?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Opt for snatch over detect, and memento since dark pulse is a TM move. We don't like adding moves that are level up and TM moves.

I'm no expert, but can we run naive or hasty and go all out mixed attacker?

Where were you when i was arguing for Something else over roost on Vullaby(It's done now)? lol. Anyway, i thought detect would be good for maybe scouting what counters the opponent has over you to see what you can do against it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:28 pm

I don't understand the first part...

I only suggest Snatch because Protect is pretty much the same exact move as Detect, no?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I don't understand the first part...

I only suggest Snatch because Protect is pretty much the same exact move as Detect, no?

Yeah they are Smile I guess you're right! Also i meant that when i was breeding vullaby i was gonna put some other egg move on it but everyone seemed to want roost anyway (since everyone would have just TM'd roost anyhow, it'd just save time). So i had to breed roost onto it. But it doesn't matter now Smile
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:31 pm

I like snatch too, because detect = protect. And Bunsel was telling me that all the egg moves I was going to teach Skorupi were moves it could already learn when you were working on vullaby lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Oh, ok. I can't believe people fought for Roost as an as egg move!

I just looked it up, lucky for us Vullaby doesn't really get any other egg moves that are worth it. Crisis averted.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:37 pm

Lol Zoid. Drapion does learn all its good egg moves via level up.

I think part of the problem is that people look at the set sometimes and think it's the final set, not the egg moves. So they are suggesting final sets when that's not really what we're doing here. Oh well, didn't really matter, and if someone really wants Scary Face on their Vullaby, they can breed it.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:45 pm

I don't even care about Vullaby but if I'd noticed people were suggesting you breed a TM onto it I'd totally have argued against that :3

Anyways, nice work with that... now for this, I'm gonna suggest a Naive nature because it gives the option to go mixed and Zoroark has pathetic defences anyway. Sucker Punch is really the only reason to go mixed however, so if people are in favour of Timid that'sfine.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:50 pm

I noticed that sucker punch was an attack so Timid would have gone against it, but i think there should maybe be a poll for the different set (or maybe even do both sets if i get the time). So it's either Naive or Timid right?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:50 pm

I was thinking of Sucker Punch and U turn combined with Night Daze and Flamethrower or Extrasensory. U turn would benefit from naive as well.
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Ideally you'd run him as a "ghost" correct? So I think the naive nature would be better and I'd definitely run flamethrower to cover weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:32 pm

Updated the opening Post!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Nice. And you don't have to go for 6 IV if you don't want.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
I don't even care about Vullaby but if I'd noticed people were suggesting you breed a TM onto it I'd totally have argued against that :3

Anyways, nice work with that... now for this, I'm gonna suggest a Naive nature because it gives the option to go mixed and Zoroark has pathetic defences anyway. Sucker Punch is really the only reason to go mixed however, so if people are in favour of Timid that'sfine.

Well sucker punch and extra U-turn damage.

Honestly most people will probably run it as a special attacker but the sucker punch does need the extra power behind it so I'd suggest the mixed attacker!
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 07, 2014 5:27 pm

I'd also go with the mixed attacker set.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:48 am

So mixed attacker it is? Everyone agree?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:09 pm

I just had a idea, (not sure if it's good or not) but what about counter? If i'm going for 6IV it might be a good idea to put counter on it? I just wouldn't know where to put it. If not then i'll get started Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:15 pm

Probably marginally more useful than Snatch... but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
Probably marginally more useful than Snatch... but I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I was thinking about getting rid of snatch for it. But i wasn't sure :/ I mean i'd say it's much more useful but...
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptySat May 10, 2014 9:37 am

If no one else has anything to say i'll get started? Iv'e waited a little over 2 days now i think lol.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:17 am

Go right ahead. Btw, counter vs. Snatch is a toss up, I can see snatch being slightly more useful against baton pass and boosting teams p. stolen many boosts with a Snatch Mega Bannette, you definitely are not living a hit for counter. But both are so situational.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:52 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Go right ahead. Btw, counter vs. Snatch is a toss up, I can see snatch being slightly more useful against baton pass and boosting teams p. stolen many boosts with a Snatch Mega Bannette, you definitely are not living a hit for counter. But both are so situational.

Yeah you're right, i just saw it's defenses lol (zoroark has lower defense than even gardevoir lol)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:55 am

Yeah, at least with Snatch, when you get it right, you don't take any damage.

I just found out that Snatch also takes moves like Recover and Synthesis. There is a huge list of moves it steals, I don't know why more people don't use it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Sorry about it taking so long! Sad The game is hellbent on not letting me hatch a 6IV Zorua. The closest iv'e come is 30 in the missing stat. I even hatched a legit shiny one haha (28 Defense Dammit!). But i'll keep trying. Eventually i will get this damn 6IV Zorua!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Those two are, I'm sure, much better than the mixed Seedot I hatched. I propose we use the shiny with the 28 defense IV's, we haven't had a shiny yet, and this one actually looks cool shiny. Unless you don't want to use it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:43 pm

We said we wouldn't clone shinies though.
So we'll take the one with 30, it's definitely good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Yeah, that was my other suggestion, more than good enough.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:21 am

Hold on, one more day to see if i can get that 6IV Smile
But if not there are two options for the 30 : one with 30 in attack, and one with 30 in defense (i got 2 of them). So............let's hope for a 6IV!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:22 am

The 30 in defense is perfect.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:17 pm

I DID IT! I got a 6IV Zorua! Never again will i 6IV breed lol XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:25 pm

Hooray! To both things!
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
I DID IT! I got a 6IV Zorua! Never again will i 6IV breed lol XD

Victory!!!
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:53 pm

Congrats, nice work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Zorua Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Zorua   [Finished] Zorua Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Zorua
Page 1 of 1