Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Larvitar Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Multipurpose
Ability: Guts
Nature: Careful
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Outrage
- Iron Head

Set 2 : Mega
Nature: Jolly
Item: Tyranitarite
Egg Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:37 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Don't post here yet, I'm just making the thread now so that nobody steals it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:39 pm

I will totally post here cause you're snagging pokes before people even know about it. Not cool... :L
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:40 pm

But I already have one with all the egg moves! I only need to breed it with my perfect Ditto until it gets perfect IVs!
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:47 pm

I have an egg move gastly with 6 perfect IVs, you don't see me stealin' no topics. :L
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:52 pm

That's just cause you're a kind and considerate gentleman.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Why thank you.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Stop editing my posts you twitch!
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:59 pm

I only did it once, that was the censor Razz
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:04 pm

If you're going to put Dragon dance on it, tyranitarite seems like a good option for an item. Plus it's a version exclusive, so there may be people that don't have it. I didn't have it until a few days ago.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Lol I forgot that thing had a mega evolution XD
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:09 pm

It's actually really good with DD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:14 pm

That's the only real reason to run dd on that thing imo. It runs a defensive set and banded set so much better in its regular form. That extra ten speed is huge for the Dragon dance.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Honestly I just put Dragon Dance there because the other egg moves aren't really useful.
I feel like an actual DD set would need Jolly.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Oh I didn't even notice that. Yeah jolly is required.

This is a pokemon that could legitimately run three distinct sets. Choice band, specially defensive, and Dragon dance. And all are very viable and require different natures.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:49 pm

yeah but I don't want to make 3 sets, cause that would suck for the cloners...

But I guess I can make 2

Anyway we'll talk about that when the thread actually opens Razz
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth0327
Breeder
Sephiroth0327

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:23 pm

I think you mean 31/31/31/XX/31/31 instead of 31/31/x/31/31/31 Smile Otherwise this looks good - I think Chople Berry would be good...or maybe Choice Band
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Updated. Any thoughts about the sets I have now?
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:02 pm

I'd like to propose another set. Special Wall.

Nature: Careful
Item: Assault Vest
Egg Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Dragon Dance is the only more I'm unsure of, because the other egg moves will not be much use on this set anyway as you'd be looking for Stone Edge/Earthquake for the final attack. Just another option as T-tars special defence can be amazing with assault vest. (I know this has already been discussed but still)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Can't use DD with Assault Vest Razz
I'd probably use Iron Tail instead. So people can choose between that and Iron Head.

But I don't want to make 3 different sets :/

And I'm definitely keeping the Mega set, so I guess we'll have to choose between the multipurpose set or the defensive set...

BUT, I must say, the Adamant multipurpose set can be used as a defensive set with the right EV spread... personally I would use Adamant with EVs in HP, sp.def and maybe some in attack, with Assault Vest. Only need to replace Stealth Rock for a damaging move like Stone Edge, Crunch or Earthquake. How's that?
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:14 pm

That'll work MC, only reason I put Ddance was to give it an option as a multi set as well, Ttar's attack strength is already amazing so the little boost to special defence really helps. (especially against Fairy types (just ask dragon haha)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:21 pm

ok, made some changes again. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:03 am

Iron Tail kinda sucks, stick with Iron head. Honestly I think you could get away with the same set of egg moves on all of them:

- Dragon Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

No one's going to use non-STAB Outrage or Iron Tail. But if you think otherwise then these sets are still fine. :PJust trying to make things easier.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:15 am

Agree with Magikarpus here, no non STAB moves like those anyway.

The specially defensive set imo shouldn't be AV. Tyranitar gets enough of a boost from sand, and it misses leftovers so much. Plus, if you're running defensive tyranitar, you need stealth rock our you're wasting a huge move

Now an adamant AV set is definitely an option, though, 134 attack with some great moves including pursuit is cool.

Since adamant can fulfill two roles and jolly is the mega set, I propose we do am adamant and a jolly, and keep stealth rocks for people to make the specially defensive set.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptyThu May 15, 2014 8:56 am

I finished the Jolly set and I'm only waiting for a 5IV baby for the careful set
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Done, and sent to bouncer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Larvitar   [Finished] Larvitar Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Larvitar
Page 1 of 1