cmzoid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Prankster
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Impish or Careful
Item: Red Card/Choice/Orb
IV spread: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Recover
- Trick
- Sucker Punch
- Imprison

Set 2: Prankster v2
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Careful or Calm
Item: Red Card/Choice/Orb/Leftovers
IV spread: 31/X/31/X/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Recover
- Trick
- Mean Look
- Metal Burst/Captivate

Progress

I posted 2 sets to give an option. Most Sableye's run Foul Play instead of Sucker Punch so I think Sableye could maybe benefit more from Flatter/Imprison. As for the  item choice my sableye runs Red Card and works amazingly well using it to scout as well as annoy. Although with Trick the best option would be some form of Choice Item or Burn/Toxic orb to cripple before they begin.
Impish or careful on set 1 for Sucker Punch damage. (thanks Miss C for the imput on that one)

Final Set came out as
31/0/31/31/31/31 for the IV spread with the second sets egg moves. Metal burst over captivate.

Last edited by dobinrules on Tue May 06, 2014 11:48 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:26 pm

I think I would use an Impish nature with Leftovers and egg moves Recover, Trick, Mean Look and Captivate
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:30 pm

On the off chance someone uses Sucker Punch, shouldn't the attack stat be max IV too? Or is that just a dumb idea lol
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:33 pm

cmzoid wrote:
On the off chance someone uses Sucker Punch, shouldn't the attack stat be max IV too? Or is that just a dumb idea lol

Not just Sucker Punch I guess, but another attack (maybe...). But Since foul play is the most common, I guess lower attack makes sense.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:35 pm

Edited the first set to include a better nature/IV spread for Sucker Punch
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:37 pm

Still, I think Mean Look and Captivate are more useful than Imprison. If you want to stop people from using Taunt or Recover, just use Taunt Razz
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Added a poll. And voted for set 2, but I'd like Leftovers and Mean Look o.o
And Calm.

Last edited by Mademoiselle C on Sun May 04, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Metal Burst > Flatter or Imprison.

Flatter is like the worst move ever, the special attack boost does nothing for confusion damage like swagger's attack boost. Metal Burst could have some gimmicky use at least.

I vote for a Special Defence boosting nature (Careful or Calm?) Because Sableye needs to max its sp def and leave it to will o wisp for taking physical hits.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Oh... right... Calm... That's what I said.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:02 pm

Metal Burst is actually a fantastic move on Sableye. It has priority Recover to get the health back and Metal Burst to deal damage. I've seen it run before, it's super cool. I"m with magikarpus on this one.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
Metal Burst > Flatter or Imprison.

Flatter is like the worst move ever, the special attack boost does nothing for confusion damage like swagger's attack boost. Metal Burst could have some gimmicky use at least.

I vote for a Special Defence boosting nature (Careful or Calm?) Because Sableye needs to max its sp def and leave it to will o wisp for taking physical hits.

I actually agree with this, I'll edit the second option for Metal Burst/Captivate and add in Mean Look as well. (taking from both you and Miss C). Even though most people will ignore them both in favour of Foul Play and Will O wisp and Taunt. It's still better than my second option
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeah Captivate > Imprison but I agree that Metal Burst > Captivate. So go with Metal Burst.

Ok I'm going now o.o
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptyMon May 05, 2014 8:08 am

If no one has any objections to set 2 then (as it is the most popular by poll) I'll start breeding today? I'll breed it with Metal Burst over Captivate though.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:51 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me (or any cloner) at your nearest convenience. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye EmptyTue May 13, 2014 10:19 am

hey just a reminder to coordinate the sending of sableye to one of the cloners, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Sableye Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Sableye   [Finished] Sableye Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Sableye
Page 1 of 1