Magikarpus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

[Finished] Corphish Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1: Dragon Dance
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance

Last edited by bouncer2085 on Tue May 06, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Maybe adamant, since there's Aqua Jet to take care of speed situations? Idk, I've never used it.
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Maybe adamant, since there's Aqua Jet to take care of speed situations? Idk, I've never used it.

Normally that would be true. But most tend to replace Aqua Jet with Waterfall, which is a more damaging physical water type move.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:49 pm

B-b-but... What if I prefer Aqua Jet? Sad
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Crabhammer > Waterfall imo. But between Jolly and Adamant... it depends if you're going for Dragon Dance or Swords Dance + Aqua Jet. I'm not sure if either is technically "better"

Also it learns Knock off via level-up, but I'm not sure there's much worth replacing it with...
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:53 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
B-b-but... What if I prefer Aqua Jet? Sad

Well, i guess you're just our of luck Razz

Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
Crabhammer > Waterfall imo. But between Jolly and Adamant... it depends if you're going for Dragon Dance or Swords Dance + Aqua Jet. I'm not sure if either is technically "better"

Also it learns Knock off via level-up, but I'm not sure there's much worth replacing it with...

Yes, Crabhammer is a better option. The only thing I can think of replacing Knock with is either Chip Away or Body Slam. But with adaptability having a STAB move is the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:56 pm

Personally I agree with the moveset but because of it's lackluster speed the jolly won't be making a huge difference. Personally I'd run Adamant for more power!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 2:58 pm

dobinrules wrote:
Personally I agree with the moveset but because of it's lackluster speed the jolly won't be making a huge difference. Personally I'd run Adamant for more power!

Yay!
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
dobinrules wrote:

Yay!

Ok. I guess dobin does have a point. An adamant nature would be better.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Well I'm going to have to totally disagree here. For the dragon dance set, Corphish can only reach 313 speed after 1 DD with an adamant nature, but up to 343 with a jolly nature. That means it outspeeds base 95s and 100s which is massive, one of the most populated speed tiers in the game.

Honestly I think DD is not viable without jolly, but adamant is better for everything else (choice band, SD)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:01 pm

I prefer SD over DD, too...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySun May 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Who on earth is running Waterfall over Aqua Jet? You shouldn't be running Crawdaunt.

I used a Jolly Dragon Dancer once. Could not get it in to set up ever. I agree that you need Jolly on DD, but DD just isn't that great of a set. Pure Offense or SD is the way to go here. I agree that Dragon Dance is a good move, but it isn't good here.

I think we should put DD on there as a seed for someone who wants to run it and they can breed their own Jolly (Or we just use mine to distribute), but this one needs to be Adamant imo.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:57 am

^I like this reasoning. This set looks good then. +1 Very Happy

I keep saying +1 but I'm too lazy to upvote people's posts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:02 pm

Alright, since nobody has commented about corphish I am going to start breeding.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me (or any cloner) at your nearest convenience. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Corphish   [Finished] Corphish Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Corphish
Page 1 of 1