Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Growlithe Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 6:36 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Physical Attacker
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
IV spread: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Howl
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Morning Sun

Set 2 : Physical Attacker
Nature: Jolly
Egg Moves:
- Howl
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Morning Sun

Set 3 : Physically Defensive
Nature: Impish
Egg Moves:
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp (TM)
- Close Combat
- Howl

-OR-

Optional Set : Physically Defensive (?)
Ability: Intimidate / Flash Fire
Nature: Bold
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/even (HP Ice for Dragon switch-ins, another IV combination of HP Ice should work too)
Hidden Power: HP Ice
Egg Moves:
- Morning Sun
- Hidden Power (TM)

Progress

All the sets are finished.
To clarify, Set 1 is the Physical Attacking Set (Adamant), Set 2 is the same physical attacking set (but Jolly), Set 3 is the defensive set (Impish).

The set concerning the HP Ice Growlithe was not pursued.

Last edited by bash678 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:19 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:59 pm

As for the second set, may I suggest a special attacking set? People enjoy rare and unusual natured Pokemon, but that are still useable. You could also run a Hasty/Naive/Naughty/Mild/Modest/Lonely/Rash. =P Also, I have a 6 IV Adamant Growlithe with
-Howl
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Morning Sun
already so if you need it, just breed it with a 6 IV Jolly Ditto. =P
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Maybe add a physically defensive set? An Impish Nature + Intimidate + Will-O-Wisp + Morning Sun is a set that a lot of people run (I think).
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I didn't think of that =o That would be pretty nice indeed.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi, and thanks for posting :)Yeah, Growlithe has a LOT of options. Physical attacker, special, mixed, and physical tank. I think the attacker and tank are the most common.

For a physical attacker, I like Adamant over Jolly because Arcanine gets a great priority move in Extreme Speed. Flash Fire makes it very dangerous if you switch into a fire move. Whereas for a defensive tank, ed819's post sounds good. I don't know how useful Justified is, but the other abilities seem more reliable. One gives it an immunity, the other makes it surprisingly bulky.

Those egg moves seem like the most useful. Growlithe learns Crunch and Flare Blitz via level-up, but having them as egg moves allows it to relearn them as Arcanine (if it forgets them for some reason...) plus, not many of its other moves seem that useful. Anyways, these are just my thoughts!
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:32 pm

The physically defensive set is a good idea. Apart from Impish, a Bold nature could also work with Hidden Power Grass/Ice for the surprise factor. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:35 pm

I think I would go for Intimidate as well if that's the case for an Attacking set and Flash Fire for Defensive. Also, I agree with potatoclan that Howl is indeed a better choice for an egg move instead of Crunch.
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 pm

So would you want me to send a Growlithe your way? =P
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Yes, thank you. That would help. I actually PM'd you as well. I'll send you a collateral.
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Drayden, I forgot to mention that it's in a matching ball (Repeat Ball, looks quite nice if I do say so myself =P)
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:51 pm

The Attack (both Jolly and Adamant) and Defense (Impish) sets are finished. I am still not sure if the HP Ice (Bold nature) Growlithe is still worth doing though. Hoping for some opinions. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 2:59 pm

I don't see too much of a point of having an HP defensive Pokemon, especially with such rounded stats. I don't see Hidden Power being too useful on Arcanine, particualrly. His 100 base Special attack may seem nice but with 60 base power, you could pass on that. The only things it could hit particularly hard with it are Salamence, Dragonite, Garchomp, etc. All of which would probably destroy Arcanine before it even hits back ._.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Growlithe   [Finished] Growlithe Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Growlithe
Page 1 of 1