AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Online Bans Empty
PostSubject: Online Bans   Online Bans EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Everyone,

It appears several people have been getting banned from online play while using altered save data. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but until we do figure it out, if you cloners don't want to take the risk then that is fine. As far as I know/have heard, it sounds just like some careless genning. I seriously doubt Pokemon has DRM protected their save files or you'd see way more bans, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

Online Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Bans   Online Bans EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 12:27 pm

I read about this too and it's been pretty unclear as of the moment. You're right about careless genning. Another incident, I've read on the boards, involved someone giving himself or herself 900 items, which apparently raised a flag when he/she tried to sync with Global Link.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Online Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Bans   Online Bans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 am

See, that’s my worry, because if it were just bad gen projects, I can avoid that, but if they’re banning on red flags alone, that’s a little disconcerting, because I have no idea what a red flag is.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

Online Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Bans   Online Bans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 10:45 am

One of my XY games was banned from Global Link months ago because I tried to get online after using the "999 of all items" code, which apparently also gives you items that are unobtainable in XY. I'm pretty sure these cases are similar. MAYBE the filters are stricter and check if you have an unreasonable number of items instead of just checking if you have unobtainable items, but I wouldn't bet on that.

Anyway, the best way to avoid the bans is to use one game for powersaves + breeding (so you can have infinite items and powersave some hard-to-get egg moves or pokeballs onto the parents and stuff like that), and transfer the mons to a different game to do battles online or in competitions.

By the way I'm 100% sure that our kind of cloning is safe, as we're just doing a backup of our game, then trading, then restoring the backup, so we're not even modifying our save.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Online Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Bans   Online Bans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Yeah, I was wondering exactly how we do that. Is the process still the same for this gen? I mean, is it harder to do what we do? I’m asking because I don’t have cloning capability.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

Online Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Bans   Online Bans EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 2:33 pm

It's the same. Backing up saves and restoring saves is the most basic function of a powersaves so as long as powersaves exist our thing is always going to work.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

Online Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Bans   Online Bans EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 6:49 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
It's the same. Backing up saves and restoring saves is the most basic function of a powersaves so as long as powersaves exist our thing is always going to work.

Great MC now we actually have to work Sad tr8r
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Online Bans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online Bans   Online Bans Empty

Back to top Go down

Online Bans
Page 1 of 1