Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE] Empty
PostSubject: Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE]   Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE] EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 4:40 pm

Felt like sharing this. With the announcement of Hyper Training I wanted to take on a project that I always wanted to have but never have attempted due to being mostly an impossible scenario with my high standards. The project I reference is that of obtaining a legitimate Legal Ball Shiny Porygon.

Various attempts across multiple games attempting to RNG but failing to properly understand it, Pokeradar chaining in Gen 4, repel trick in Gen 4, etc. things were not looking too bright.

On the latest news release earlier this week I saw how only Pokes in Gen 6 and 7 will be able to be used on ranked wifi. This set me in the direction to try my hand at one in ORAS since Porygon can be found on certain Mirage spots.

Upon finding the Mirage Spot I bought a ton of Repels, got a Timid Synchronize Kadabra to Lv 39(for repel to work), and brought enough Leppa Berries to keep me on that island for an extended period of time. My intention was to catch my desired Porygon in a Quick Ball and use Hypnosis on Gallade and Sandstorm on Flygon to aid in capture.

My first day I reached a chain of 200 at 220 encounters. No shiny in sight, I saved at 200 encounters and set that as my Soft Reset point.

My second day(yesterday) I had a few soft resets to reset at 200 and in one of my longer attempts I found a Shiny Porygon at a chain of 63 (263 encounters). Unfortunately the Porygon was Hasty(which is not bad) and had Analytic(which is really bad). Not wanting to save my used up Leppa Berries I decided to Soft Reset hoping I can do better.

Decided to do a third session today. Figured out that I can use TMs to fill up PP so I can save Leppa Berries and save occasionally as info points that a higher search level leads to a higher shiny rate meaning my stock of Repels were my only worry. Starting at 200 encounters I went on to 392 encounters on a chain of 194 and then I found my 2nd shiny Porygon. Noticed it had Trace so I immediately got pretty excited. After many Paralysis and missed Hypnosis from Gallade I managed to secure the capture and hoped for the best as I went onto the status screen and then...

Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE] Porygon
Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE] Bag_Quick_Ball_Sprite
Timid
Trace
22,23/25,26/5,6/18/16/30
Hidden Power Fighting

I admit, the IVs aren't great. But that is what Hyper Training is for. Also I was actually hoping that Def/SpA/SpD/Spe would not be 31 because I wanted the option to be open so that if Hyper Training allows for some precise tweaking I would be able to get HP Fighting, Ground, or Fire as that coverage may be useful and open up some Z move usage. Nevertheless it is a Timid + Trace Shiny Quick Ball Porygon and I couldn't have asked for more!

Now I would like to share two of the most important things I learned about Dexnaving:

• Chains do not matter as much as the search level does, the chain do give increased odds but only at specific chain #s (usually ones divisible by 50)
  • Pokemon that show up without Searching on the Dexnav do not break the chain, it does not matter if that Pokemon is one you are not chaining. You must encounter it though as letting one run away breaks the chain.

Dexnaving in caves could be a pain but it is worth noting breaking your chain isnt that big of a deal as its the search level that's the biggest source of odds increasing. Dexnaving in Grass is pretty much impossible to break if you know how to sneak. Its definitely a reliable way to find wild shiny Pokemon once your search level reaches high levels. It might even be better than Masuda Method. If any of you guys have any Pokemon you would like to try this on I would highly recommend it. The fact that I found 2 Shinies within 24 hours definitely makes Dexnav look very good.

Also you may be wondering why I went Timid when I usually endorse the Mixed set as my favorite set. Well that is because I am going to continue building my team of favorites in SuMo. I already have my Shiny Gallade/Flygon and my new Shiny Porygon to send and I plan on adding Alolan Marowak as well as 2 other Pokes I will breed in Gen VII. The fact is that I have physical options pretty well covered and the team right now would most likely prefer a more specially based Porygon so that is why I went with a Timid Synchronizer.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE]   Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE] EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 11:33 pm

Nice dude, that’s tight.

EDIT: Wait, so that means that the string of legends that they're passing out for Gen 6 aren't totally useless if Gen 6 and 7 will be the official used Pokemon? That's great news that we don't have to redo all of our breeding!
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE]   Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE] EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 2:02 pm

The way Hyper Training works. It boosts your stats to be equivalent to 31 rather than changing your IVs. Therefore breeding uses the old IVS and Hidden Powers do not change.

I'm gonna have to get over the OCD that it's not really perfect but I doubt Game freak will get rid of this feature in future games so I will still be happy transferring and using this as my main Porygon if there isn't a Moon Ball alternative in SuMo. Natural HP Fighting is also a HUGE plus as I can boost all stats to maximum and still have HP Fighting which is arguably its best HP.

Z Conversion gives +1 to all stats and changes its type. Will surely have consideration for viability especially since it can allow for surprise set up on Fighting Types.

EDIT: Turns out Porygon-Z is very viable in OU atm. That Z-Conversion set turned out to make it an amazing late game sweeper that is also hard to Revenge Kill. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball being the most popular Conversion types.

Also it's confirmed we have yet another gen that Porygon is Pokeball only. Moon Ball dreams are gone sadly. D/P/Pt/B/W/B2/W2/OR/AS remain the only games where a legal ball Porygon is obtainable. Therefore this Porygon will be heading to Alola when Bank becomes available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE]   Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE] Empty

Back to top Go down

Legal Ball Shiny Porygon Project [COMPLETE]
Page 1 of 1