Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Canceled] Chimchar Empty
PostSubject: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyWed Feb 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Chimchar

[Canceled] Chimchar Heard_4f0d99_440467

Serebii Link

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Mixed Nasty Plot
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naive
Item: Power Item
IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Ice
Egg Moves:
-Nasty Plot
-Encore
-Quick Guard
-Heat Wave / Fake Out / Encore

Set 1 : Sub Punch / Defensive
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Jolly
Item: Power Item
IV spread: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Hidden Power: None
Egg Moves:
-Focus Punch
-Encore
-Slack Off
-Thunderpunch

This was intended to be a new meta set, but since we all kinda fell off the map in the doldrums of year two playing ORAS, there's another meta now, so since there's nothing wrong with our original Chimchar, we're closing this. I'll leave it here just in case anyone wants to pick it back up, but at this point it's not worth it.

Last edited by Bunselpower on Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:23 am

EMs look great, Nasty Plot re-access was a good idea. You really should consider HP Ice though as this thing otherwise has no coverage for Dragons.

Quick Guard is good if using it in Doubles as Infernape is a target to common priority attacks while Encore is great on Infernape with my experience with the Sub-Punch set. Though With Heat Wave being tutorable I personally would rather have Assist for the potential.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 11:36 am

I meant to do that, thanks. I can do assist, that's fine. Shouldn't be a big deal. I also realize that if we're talking about doubles implications here, fake out may be the fourth move of choice.

Also, you're right about encore, maybe I should make another Jolly with encore, focus punch, slack off, and thunder punch since we didn't have encore on the original one. That would cover sub punch and also that weird defensive set as well.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 4:42 pm

I didn't know defensive Infernape was a thing. That's pretty intetersting.

Personally my Sub-Punch set was mixed but pure physical can work too. I just didn't like the idea of having to run something like Flare Blitz as I ran Leftovers on it so I can use it repeatedly to discourage setting up if they don't outspeed it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-73059371

Have this old replay that shows this set in action. Encore + Sub Punch is such a fun combo.

Anyways what you have listed looks pretty good to me (outside of my stance on tutors but at least the relearnability is useful)

Also since you are going Mixed on the Blaze set its the right set for the lead set so Fake Out is really nice to have.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Yeah, but I mean fire punch exists, it's an easy breed if you want mixed. Plus we cover the bases this way.

And yeah, I had already marked down fake out on my little piece of paper detailing the arduous process that that mixed set is gonna require. It's gonna take 3 perfect 6 IV pokes.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:14 pm

BTW Bunsel I have a HP Ice 6IV Naive Male Chimchar with a high enough level you can Heart Scale Nasty Plot and Encore and Fake Out. Let me know if you want it though its in a Premier Ball (its male though so you can breed legal from it)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 5:21 pm

Holy sweet biscuits I absolutely want that.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 10:30 am

Mmm, furnace not working all night. I could really use a Chimchar.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Hey Bunsel, if you want I can send over that Chimchar sometime after 3pm PST today if you have the time to receive it after then.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:15 pm

That actually wasn't a hint to get it to me haha, my furnace actually did stop working. On the coldest day of the winter.

But yeah, I can get it. Just post here when you're ready. I'll be ready.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
That actually wasn't a hint to get it to me haha, my furnace actually did stop working. On the coldest day of the winter.

But yeah, I can get it. Just post here when you're ready. I'll be ready.

I know, was just saying since I didn't get it to you these last two days.

Also I'd prefer you'd PM me or just get on the chat. I'll get the idea.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 7:55 pm

Still need this Bunsel? Been taking a break for the game to focus on FE Fates. I probably won't be back to breeding for a while juggling that game (which I'll likely spend quite a while on working on the story and PvP) on top of college keeping me busy. Still can find some time to send you Chimchar if you want to use it.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyWed Mar 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Yeah, I’m doing the same, along with playing through platinum with my buddy and trying to contain my excitement for baseball starting. Actually though, I should do this, and next week I’ll be really busy so would you want to get this to me today? I’ll be available for the next hour and then again at 630 central.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 11:43 am

Alright, making a VGC set, I’ve got a request for Quick guard and Fake Out. Anything else? Also, is Blaze and jolly preferred?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Ideal VGC set would be naive 6IV, Blaze, with Fake Out, Quick Guard and Encore. (And then either Helping Hand or Heat Wave but they're also tutor moves so who cares).

But we have Hyper Training now so fuck 6IVs. And Infernape has so many good moves for doubles that I hardly think Encore would ever be one of my 4 first choices...

So yeah, I just want naive, Blaze, Fake Out and Quick Guard. The rest can be whatever.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Hyper training works only at Lv 100. Unless we plan on the breeder on levelling the bred poke to Lv 100 to save everyone he trouble imo it's best to breed normally in Sun/Moon. Hyper Training is best for things we cannot control such as legendaries, shinies, and event Pokemon. if we stop caring now I'm sure it'll be a bigger inconvenience in time for everyone than the slight extra time it'll take for the breeder. Even the gettig a 6iv is faster than getting  a lv 100.

Not sure if just Madem wants it but just felt like noting as its a strong point for future projects. Also Chimchar is breed able with Smeargle.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 8:25 am

Ugh 6 iv breeding...
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 10:49 am

You know what? I realized I'm never going to use Infernape in VGC because Hitmontop and Weavile are so much better at its job. I always use one of those 2 and why change a winning formula.

We already have a perfectly good HA Chimchar, it's not like some other rebreeds that had to be done because whatever we bred before was terrible or illegal. If you don't feel like doing a 6IV just close this.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:39 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
You know what? I realized I'm never going to use Infernape in VGC because Hitmontop and Weavile are so much better at its job. I always use one of those 2 and why change a winning formula.

We already have a perfectly good HA Chimchar, it's not like some other rebreeds that had to be done because whatever we bred before was terrible or illegal. If you don't feel like doing a 6IV just close this.

*Doesn't get the notification for the post and spends the afternoon churning out eggs to no avail*

[Canceled] Chimchar Giphy

Seriously blue, you cursed me with that "Even the gettig a 6iv is faster than getting a lv 100". The game heard you and answered "Oh yeah?!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Canceled] Chimchar   [Canceled] Chimchar Empty

Back to top Go down

[Canceled] Chimchar
Page 1 of 1