Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

Diancie Event for NA/EU Empty
PostSubject: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:23 pm

New Diancie Event via internet (Nintento Network) for North America / Europe.

Diancie Event for NA/EU Diancie

24-27 July only.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Yay! A Pokemon we already had an event for!

Seriously, North America gets a twentieth of the events of Japan, and the event they give us they gave us already less than a year ago? I'm thankful they give us anything, or that I can even play Pokemon for fun, but I really do question the person making these decisions. It doesn't have a new move, does it?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:36 pm

No. It's just Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam, Diamond Storm, and Protect. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 5:56 pm

That's what I saw too. Geez.

The tagline was that you could get Diancie on your ORAS games! Like I haven't already transferred that.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Friendly reminder.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 12:46 am

I wouldve missed the event had it not been for this, now I get round 2 for SRing another Diancie. Thanks for bringing this up.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:03 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
I wouldve missed the event had it not been for this, now I get round 2 for SRing another Diancie. Thanks for bringing this up.

Je t'en prie
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:25 am

bash678 wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:

Je t'en prie

I never understood why you guys use this to say "you're welcome". I mean, "I beg you" sounds a lot more like "OMG PLEASE" than like "you're welcome". XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 9:54 am

So in French would OMG be OMD? Or ADM in Spanish? I think so.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 10:56 am

De rien is also an option. « OMG Please » just sounds over the top. Please (I beg you) would simply suffice. I guess it depends on how you say it. If one thinks it is said with a begging tone, then it would sound like how you think it would sound.

I guess you can think of it this way:

A: « Thank you so much for this. »
B: « Please, you’re welcome. (I beg you, no need to thank me, it’s my pleasure.) »

Person B does need to say the words written inside the parentheses but in the context, it’s sort of understood and given.

Ne t’inquiètes pas. On partage la même langue mais parfois on pense que c’est aussi un peu étrange, le français du Canada Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 11:00 am

I always thought de rien was the best choice, it seemed to make the most sense. That's how I learned it.

But we have so many idioms in American I can't say much. I love little things like that though, sayings that don't make literal sense but have a meaning with a story behind them (I spend a lot of time looking up phrase origins), and I bet that phrase in French has something like that.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 11:50 am

Je vous en prie is actually more formal than de rien. Je t'en prie is less formal than the former. You can use whichever, it's fine.

In another context, you can also use it in the following situation:

A: « It's hot in here. Can I open the window? Il fait chaud ici. Je peux ouvrir la fenêtre? »
B: « Please (open it). Je t'en prie.»
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 12:33 pm

I know how it's used and what it means but I just find it funny that it's used to mean so many different things. Here it would just be:

A: « Thank you so much for this. »
B: De rien.

A: « It's hot in here. Can I open the window? Il fait chaud ici. Je peux ouvrir la fenêtre? »
B: Oui.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 12:45 pm

Also, tangent on a tangent:

I knew that French people tend to vouvoyer more than us but yesterday I was watching the French version of Once Upon A Time and an adult vouvoyait a ~8 year old child and that felt sooooooo weird. Also some people who were about the same age and actually knew each other pretty well were using vous and that felt unnatural too (although not as weird as with a child).

Here it's only for strangers who are older than you (or approx. same age if you're like 40+) or authority figures.

Même avec la même langue, les différences culturelles changent tout. ^^
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:

Même avec la même langue, les différences culturelles changent tout. ^^

Very Happy Tu te trompes pas. C'est comme les américains et les anglais. La même langue, mais un vrai contraste existe sur certains aspects.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diancie Event for NA/EU   Diancie Event for NA/EU Empty

Back to top Go down

Diancie Event for NA/EU
Page 1 of 1