Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! Empty
PostSubject: RMT: The original heroes of FireRed!   RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:31 pm

One advantage of FR being my first game is that I'm not technically a Hoenn baby OR a genwunner. Another advantage: I still have my team! Which I will now post for your viewing pleasure.

CRACKPOT the Venusaur @ Miracle Seed
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Overgrow
EVs/IVs: The hell if I know

RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! Venusaur

-Razor Leaf
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis

It's established fact that anyone who doesn't choose Bulbasaur is a communist. But did you know that the Miracle Seed item actually boosts grass moves? Clearly a must have item for this all-grass Venusaur. My 11 year old self wasn't as dumb as he looked. He was just as adorable as he looked though. What went wrong? Neutral

Pidgeot @ Amulet Coin
Nature: Docile
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs/IVs: r u havin a laff m8?

RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! Pidgeot

-Whirlwind
-Wing Attack
-Mirror Move
-...nothing?

Gotta rep that route 1 Pidgey. But this isn't just any Pidgey - it's a Pidgey of WEALTH. Presumably that last move was Fly at some point but it had to be deleted to transfer. But here's a fun story: all these pokemon were nicknamed by my friend when I left the room at some point, and I kept them that way. But Pidgeot's name, for whatever reason, offended the censor during the transfer to gen 6, and is now forever stuck as "Pidgeot" Neutral I don't even remember its original name. Thanks for literally destroying childhood memories, Game Freak.

JESUS the Gyarados @ Soothe Bell
Nature: Jolly (!)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs/ IVs: x/x/x/x/x/x

RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! Gyarados

-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Hyper Beam
-...nope. Nothing. Again.

Mmm, sacrilicious. That last move was in fact Strength, and I'm fairly certain Hydro Pump was in there somewhere at some point while I was beating down the E4. But this Gyarados spent a long time as a Magikarp, and I thought she needed some comfort. Once she became the mighty Gyarados I was too scared to take it off her.

KIETH the Alakazam @ TwistedSpoon
Nature: Impish
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs/ IVs: yes, it does have these

RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! Alakazam

-Future Sight
-Psybeam
-Psychic
-Recover

There is nothing to say. Clearly, this is the greatest set of all time.

KENNETH the Electrode @ Nothing
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Static
EVs/ IVs: numbers

RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! Electrode

Charge
Light Screen
Explosion
Spark

Electrode's potentially pivotal role in providing team support by setting up screens then exploding was of course, completely lost on me. Instead I'd just spam Charge and Spark like it was the greatest thing ever. Clearly the smug little pokeball thought it was too good for held items too. In hindsight, a definite weak link to the team.

KEVIN the Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Immunity
EVs/ IVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Atk (just kidding)

RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! Snorlax

-Headbutt
-Body Slam
-Sleep Talk
-Rest

Here he is folks, the one you've all been waiting for. This guy alone is probably the only reason I beat Blue on the first attempt, as I ran out of revives long before I'd actually whittled his team down enough. This thing managed to tank its way through his last 3 pokemon single-handedly. Since then I've bust onto the competitive scene in a big way ( Cool ) but in all my years of battling, never has one pokemon been so clutch. Be amazed.

r8, h8 and appreci8! Karp out.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: RMT: The original heroes of FireRed!   RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:40 pm

On the up side, you have an Alakazam.

On a more negative note, IT'S FUCKING IMPISH AND HAS ONE USEFUL MOVE.

Thumbs up for picking Bulbasaur and using Pidgeot though.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: RMT: The original heroes of FireRed!   RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:45 pm

#Pokemonmaster #quadSTAB #11yearoldresttalk #areyouhavingalaughmustbeabritishthing #ihaveadiseaseandtheonlycureismoreWartortle
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: RMT: The original heroes of FireRed!   RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
#Pokemonmaster #quadSTAB #11yearoldresttalk #areyouhavingalaughmustbeabritishthing #ihaveadiseaseandtheonlycureismoreWartortle

#nicehashtagging
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: RMT: The original heroes of FireRed!   RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Feebasus wrote:

Gyarados
-Hyper Beam

I had this on my Gyarados too. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMT: The original heroes of FireRed!   RMT: The original heroes of FireRed! Empty

Back to top Go down

RMT: The original heroes of FireRed!
Page 1 of 1