Sephiroth0327
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

Presentation of the Project Empty
PostSubject: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Presentation of the Project

Welcome to Pokémon Bonk the Breeding Squad. This is a group breeding project dedicated to breeding competitive Pokémon of each type.

Hawt. What do I have to do?

The bare minimum is requirement is that you breed at least one Pokémon with a desirable nature, ability, 4 conceivably useful egg moves, and 5 perfect IVs or a useful Hidden Power spread.

What else can I do?

This is a project for the practical rather than the superficial which means the following are entirely optional. Be aware, you can do these things, but don't expect everyone else to do the same:

Rare or "appropriate" pokealls - This is entirely superficial and subjective from person to person. For example, I have always preferred the uniformity of regular pokeballs. However, many people appreciate it and there is no doubt that a Pokémon in an apricorn ball has more trade value than one in a regular ball, so we're leaving it up to you to breed in any ball you want.

6 perfect IVs - Many Pokémon only require 5 perfect IVs, so unless you are breeding a mixed attacker, the other attacking stat is of course irrelevant. Special attackers technically benefit more from a 0 attack IV due to Foul Play and confusion damage. Either way, 5 perfects are generally fine for competitive battling.

Okay, can I start breeding now?

Well, first we need to come to a consensus on what attributes each Pokémon should have. In order to do this, each Pokémon will get its own thread, and each one of these thread will go through 3 stages : Discussion, In Progress and Finished. The stage a Pokémon is currently in will be marked in [brackets] in the title of its thread.

Discussion

In the discussion stage, we can sort out what nature, egg moves, and ability each Pokémon should get. Many Pokémon have more than one useful nature or ability, in which case different versions will be produced. On the other hand, very few have more than 4 genuinely useful egg moves, so this won't be as much of an issue. In addition we can agree on a hidden power if one is necessary.

In Progress

During this stage, the discussion is over and the person who chose the Pokémon will be breeding it. This person may ask other members for help, but breeding a final, perfect version of the Pokémon is his/her job!

Finished

When a Pokémon is marked as finished, it means the peson who started the thread has successfully bred one or many perfect versions of this Pokémon. The next thing they have to do is send their babies to one of the cloners.

As you might have already understood, this means that to help us by breeding a Pokémon you must :

1. See if the Pokémon you want to breed already has a thread. If it does, it is already taken. You may participate in the thread, but the breeding job is not yours.
  2. When you have chosen an available Pokémon, you create a thread for it. Please follow the template for your thread. You can find it stickied in the Pokémon section.

Do I have to contribute to every discussion thread?

Of course not, you may not have time to or there may be some Pokémon you just don't care about. However, the only way to influence the Pokémon you're going to get out of this is to contribute to the discussion, so don't complain if you don't like what you end up with!

Some rules and clarifications:

• We are not going to clone and distribute shinies so it's useless to breed for one.
  • The use of PokeGen or any other method to create/modify a pokemon artificially is forbidden.
  • Do not infect the baby with Pokerus, as some people prefer not to have it.
  • Do not nickname the baby.

Although we cannot stop anyone from cloning and trading away copies of the Pokemon they get from the Breeding Squad, we strongly discourage it, as it diminishes the value of the efforts the breeders put into their work. Such a behaviour is not forbidden, but be aware that many of your fellow breeders are going to see it as a lack of respect.

Now go and have fun, fellow breeders!

Back to top Go down
Sephiroth0327
Breeder
Sephiroth0327

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:13 pm

So how do I know when I can start breeding? There has been some discussion on my first pokemon thread and seems like there is agreement...but how long do I wait?
Back to top Go down
PotatoClan
Breeder
PotatoClan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:15 pm

I think that you can start if nobody has any objections or anything to add to the matter =o
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 6:05 am

Yeah, I guess this varies with how active the place is. I would say that if most users have been online since you made the thread and there are no strong objections it's fine to start breeding.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed May 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Updated this.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed May 21, 2014 6:21 pm

We should put in that if you are breeding an eevee designated to be a certain eeveelution, you should nickname it that eeveelutions name. Like for fairy, I think the Sylveon breeder should name it Sylveon.

1.) when we have all the eevees one day it will be annoying to have them all named eevee. (Might be hard to tell which is which)

2.) they will be permanently named the eeveelutions name anyway so what's the difference.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed May 21, 2014 7:28 pm

We have a few people that like them untouched, a few have already expressed their desire to keep them completely untouched. I'm not opposed to it, but I'm afraid a few are, they just don't want to say anything.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed May 21, 2014 11:29 pm

So they just want an eevee with all the makings of a good umbreon but have no intention of making it into an umbreon?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed May 21, 2014 11:53 pm

I don't want nicknames even if it's the evolution's name. Having an Eevee called anything other than Eevee would highly annoy me (OCD?). It's not that hard to remember which is which anyway, especially as most eeveelutions have different natures. And if one really wants it nicknamed they can send it to the original breeder to have it nicknamed.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyThu May 22, 2014 9:33 am

Same situation as the pokerus. Just leave them untouched. It's not a big deal anyway, if you have two bold Eevee with the same egg moves, what does it matter which one ends up Vaporeon or Sylveon? It's not like they're EV trained.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 10:59 am

Don't know where to ask this but this seems like the best place to ask w/o making a new topic.

Was wondering how the redistribution rights are affected through projects?

I'm asking b/c I've always disliked when people get Pokémon w/ my OT(and Pokémon eggs bred by me but hatched by someone else) and clone/trade to others for profit. I don't like seeing that and catching it I always take action as keeping things NFT is important on everything I trade, biggest exception I made is allowing it for this guild and a few clone trades w/ ugotmybeef but he keeps mine NFT and I do the same. I always tell cloners if they want to redistribute it they can rebreed what I give them so its not under my OT.

Should I have to worry about that issue here when the 7 Pokémon I bred get passed out?

Or will the rarity of things like Budew be diminished forever?
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth0327
Breeder
Sephiroth0327

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 11:12 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Don't know where to ask this but this seems like the best place to ask w/o making a new topic.

Was wondering how the redistribution rights are affected through projects?

I'm asking b/c I've always disliked when people get Pokémon w/ my OT(only exception is if your egg was hatched by me) and clone/trade to others for profit. I don't like seeing that and catching it I always take action as keeping things NFT is important on everything I trade, biggest exception I made is allowing it for this guild and a few clone trades w/ ugotmybeef but he keeps mine NFT and I do the same. I always tell cloners if they want to redistribute it they can rebreed what I give them so its not under my OT.

Should I have to worry about that issue here when the 7 Pokémon I bred get passed out?

Or will the rarity of things like Budew be diminished forever?

I personally hate NFT things - simply for the reason that I then need to start a spreadsheet or something to keep track of the things I have that are NFT. I understand why people might ask for NFT, but I always bow out when it becomes a requirement (for example, someone asks me to clone something and my payment is a copy of the clone but it must be NFT - I refuse those requests 100% of the time).

If we start requiring NFT, I will need to bow out of the project. I am very disorganized when it comes to the history of anything currently sitting in my boxes or bank, and would hate to upset someone if I accidentally trade something without remembering it was NFT.

The entire reason I play X/Y now is to help others - I have zero interest in having things for myself. I release almost everything sent to me in a trade when I work requests in my guild, for example.

The only reason I joined this project initially was to help the group, I doubt I'll ever actually use anything being sent to me here since I don't battle (aside from our tournament here and dabbling and losing in Guild Wars tournament).

I keep the pokes from this project in a separate cart so the odds of me accidentally wonder trading something or trading one of these as part of a Dex Fill request is slim, but I can't guarantee in 6 months I will remember.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 12:20 pm

I also personally don't like things which are NFT. When the project was conceived, there was never a condition that all the pokemon we receive here are strictly NFT. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, we are free to do what we want to do with the pokemon once we have it (use it, release it, or trade it).

I understand the NFT condition as some may feel they've worked hard to get a particular HP spread with the right egg moves.

That being said, I've personally bred a lot of competitive Pokemon myself outside of this project and I have never traded the Pokemon I've got here (most of them I've already raised and trained while others are just sitting in Bank, most likely never to see the light of day since I've already bred them before).

I'm sorry to say that I oppose the NFT rule if ever it gets imposed.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:05 pm

I stand firmly with Sephiroth and Bash on this one.

I believe my activity on gamefaqs and my pokemon google doc (http://tinyurl.com/csidunpokemonx) listing are what precipitated BlueDryBones comment. S/he actually commented on my topic (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/69385587?page=1#94)specifically requesting 2 of my pokemon with his/her OT and TID attached to them be marked as NFT. I voiced my disagreement but, so as to avoid further issue, did as they asked (see notes section of the two pokemon, a hoppip and delibird). I have never encountered somebody asking for NFT and disagree with the concept (unless in the case of certain events and some rare circumstances where rarity is legitimately a concern and even then, eh). There were no restrictions whatsoever when the project began and I would not support any amendment to the project description imposing limitations on what I can/cannot do with the pokemon collected from the project.

Personally, I'm more of a collector. I don't battle competitively or even at this point play the game itself much beyond trading, cloning, and organizing. I collect interesting pokemon, be it 5/6 IV with egg moves, 5/6 IV shiny, events...etc. Say what you will, but that's what my pokemon playing experience is and I enjoy it. Since my ultimate goal, outside of being a team player and helping out the group, is to collect, having pokemon that are NFT partially defeats the purpose for me. I recognize that they still help me accomplish the goal of collecting all of the pokemon (ALL OF THE POKEMON lol), but they don't help future expansion as they are not capable of being traded for other things that I don't have.

I can't say that I would bow out if this became a rule, but I also can't say I wouldn't.

Additionally, the concept that it would be ok to redistribute pokemon from one OT (in this case BlueDryBones) if they are rebred to be a second person's OT (say mine) doesn't make sense when the objection to redistribution is expressed to be because of diminishing the rarity of a pokemon (the budew mentioned by BlueDryBones). If you are concerned that a rare version of, to use your example, a budew is being distributed because it will diminish its rarity or somehow corrupt the work you put into it by making it more "common", rebreeding it under my OT wouldn't make it any different of a budew. It also wouldn't take a ton of effort/time. It would honestly be more of a nuisance than anything else, and would become a monumental task if done on the scale this project is done on (there were 45 pokemon last distribution for example). I would hate to have to get every pokemon I collect from here and have to rebreed them just for the sake of them being useful as trades. I don't know, it seems your larger concern is it having your OT/TID attached to it rather than the rarity being diminished. May I ask what your thoughts behind that are? i.e. Why it would NOT be ok to redistribute it under your OT/TID, but becomes ok if I rebreed it and it's exactly the same, EXCEPT has MY OT and TID?

In conclusion, I want to take a moment to apologize ahead of time if anything I said came across as rude/personal or anything like that. It was not and is not my intent to belittle anybody for their beliefs or opinions, and nobody here wants to make anybody feel unwelcomed nor their contributions through breeding unappreciated. This is merely me stating my opinions and asking for some follow up information from you because I don't believe that I'm fully understanding what you are objecting to.

I hope we can find a compromise that will be agreeable to all and that this doesn't disrupt from the larger goal we have at hand, which is to accomplish what this project set out to do: breed great pokemon and have fun.

I look forward to discussing this more,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:23 pm

I don't think NFT is a good idea either :/ I mean i get where he's coming from about not wanting people with his stuff (that to be fair only he put work in to, and none of us). But at the same time it's being passed around to (what i assume is) a relatively large number of people under his consent. If all the Pokemon bred during this project do become NFT then i don't think i'd like it either (i mean they're not going to help me at all, i'm not going to use EVERY pokemon i get), i only accept NFT's when it comes to nicknamed shinies bred by friends, even going as far as to release something traded to me that was supposed to be kept as NFT (even now i only have like 6 NFT pokemon, and i don't like it very much anyway...they just rot in my boxes). I mean, even if it does become a rule i'm like 100% sure it will eventually be traded outside of the breeding squad. Nothing stays NFT forever if it's being traded...which it technically is...

Also, why was this not discussed earlier? I am actually very curious, you'd think this'd be close to the first thing discussed... I think this could become an issue if not acted upon soon.

I also want to apologise if anything i say comes across as rude, it's not my intention.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:57 pm

I think this is specifically an issue for specific people who would be more prone to it become an issue than other people, and think that a decision must be made quickly. I agree with a previous post in being surprised this was not brought up earlier. For me, I don't really trade Pokemon must in the first place, so a NFT "rule" wouldn't really affect me, but it could seriously impact others. I think one aspect of this is that nothing will be NFT forever, and thus how realistic the rule is to even enforce is also something to consider. If say I were to take in all the pokemon from the first 5 types and then leave the project, there is nothing to keep me from trading the pokemon other than my word on the matter, which on the internet isn't very solid of a contract.

Personally, I think that the very nature of this project makes NFT sort of difficult, because of the sheer number of people who are getting these pokemon in the first place. The logistics of the distribution is difficult enough as is, and adding in specific pokemon as NFT while others are for trade would be incredibly difficult to manage. It just seems like even if it were put in place as a rule, the enforcement of it would be difficult, but it would also just be difficult to ensure even due to simple accidents. That's just my general idea on it. We should probably have this ironed out before the next round so that everyone is on the same page.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:01 pm

Zoid i'm so used to hearing you say: 'WAILORD EATS THE CHAT' or something like that so reading you talk 'smartly' makes my head hurt.

My life is a lie. Continue all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:09 pm

csidun wrote:
I stand firmly with Sephiroth and Bash on this one.

I believe my activity on gamefaqs and my pokemon google doc (http://tinyurl.com/csidunpokemonx) listing are what precipitated BlueDryBones comment. S/he actually commented on my topic (http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000458-pokemon-x-y-trading/69385587?page=1#94)specifically requesting 2 of my pokemon with his/her OT and TID attached to them be marked as NFT. I voiced my disagreement but, so as to avoid further issue, did as they asked (see notes section of the two pokemon, a hoppip and delibird). I have never encountered somebody asking for NFT and disagree with the concept (unless in the case of certain events and some rare circumstances where rarity is legitimately a concern and even then, eh). There were no restrictions whatsoever when the project began and I would not support any amendment to the project description imposing limitations on what I can/cannot do with the pokemon collected from the project.

Personally, I'm more of a collector. I don't battle competitively or even at this point play the game itself much beyond trading, cloning, and organizing. I collect interesting pokemon, be it 5/6 IV with egg moves, 5/6 IV shiny, events...etc. Say what you will, but that's what my pokemon playing experience is and I enjoy it. Since my ultimate goal, outside of being a team player and helping out the group, is to collect, having pokemon that are NFT partially defeats the purpose for me. I recognize that they still help me accomplish the goal of collecting all of the pokemon (ALL OF THE POKEMON lol), but they don't help future expansion as they are not capable of being traded for other things that I don't have.

I can't say that I would bow out if this became a rule, but I also can't say I wouldn't.

Additionally, the concept that it would be ok to redistribute pokemon from one OT (in this case BlueDryBones) if they are rebred to be a second person's OT (say mine) doesn't make sense when the objection to redistribution is expressed to be because of diminishing the rarity of a pokemon (the budew mentioned by BlueDryBones). If you are concerned that a rare version of, to use your example, a budew is being distributed because it will diminish its rarity or somehow corrupt the work you put into it by making it more "common", rebreeding it under my OT wouldn't make it any different of a budew. It also wouldn't take a ton of effort/time. It would honestly be more of a nuisance than anything else, and would become a monumental task if done on the scale this project is done on (there were 45 pokemon last distribution for example). I would hate to have to get every pokemon I collect from here and have to rebreed them just for the sake of them being useful as trades. I don't know, it seems your larger concern is it having your OT/TID attached to it rather than the rarity being diminished. May I ask what your thoughts behind that are? i.e. Why it would NOT be ok to redistribute it under your OT/TID, but becomes ok if I rebreed it and it's exactly the same, EXCEPT has MY OT and TID?

In conclusion, I want to take a moment to apologize ahead of time if anything I said came across as rude/personal or anything like that. It was not and is not my intent to belittle anybody for their beliefs or opinions, and nobody here wants to make anybody feel unwelcomed nor their contributions through breeding unappreciated. This is merely me stating my opinions and asking for some follow up information from you because I don't believe that I'm fully understanding what you are objecting to.

I hope we can find a compromise that will be agreeable to all and that this doesn't disrupt from the larger goal we have at hand, which is to accomplish what this project set out to do: breed great pokemon and have fun.

I look forward to discussing this more,

Chris

In regards to this as a person who cannot clone and rarely trades anything not under my OT unless given to me as trade fodder I don't get the same benefits on capitalizing on other people's Pokémon. Everything I breed for me to breed it I have to breed it to the best of my abilities in every possible way except for a 6th IV which I only do for any mixed attackers or anything that truly needs it. Of course it takes time but then I don't want to see where that effort goes if I were to trade any of that Pokémon and someone trades it off by cloning making me the original breeder irrelevant while they get to capitalize on the Pokémon I bred to no limit doesn't seem right to me. I always tell them if they want to do that just use what I gave them as a parent and breed them themselves as if they bred it they put the effort not me so I have no say in it and wont object to it. For the part of rebreeding the 45ish Pokémon of a project to some extent I will be doing that anyways. What I want to make out of my collection is a bunch of perfected nicknamed 5+IV 4EM Matching Ball Pokémon which for the non matching ball ones on here I'll have to rebreed a fair amount anyways though the EMs/IVs help cut down on the time. I'm getting looser on this rule as of late but not willing to fully accept it as of yet.

Also the reason I halted the Delibird/Hoppip is b/c I'm not sure if I traded both of those to you csidun(correct me if wrong and sorry if I am) I believe I traded those to proto_exe who I believe you mass traded to recently which is concerning as on the link to my shop which I gave him and want everyone to abide by the rules I do not allow cloning of the Pokes especially w/o my permission. The fact that it was my OT and not his proves to me that was broken.

The original reason why I put this rule on my Pokes ever since I started breeding Hidden Power Pokemon and put it in text on my Smogon shop was to prevent easy trade offs from cloners as I used to but not as often anymore bred plenty of leftovers to trade off to Gamefaqs and didn't want a cloner to get one and make all my work on the leftovers irrelevant when they can just clone the one I give them for profit. Although I don't breed many leftovers anymore as no one replies to any of my GFaqs trade topics anymore and the only people I've traded with in the last month were ugotmybeef and Proto_exe on GFaqs. Noone on Smogon, Zold on serebii, and anyone who helped me out on here.

The things I breed now though unlike the past are far better though and now I have more to lose in terms of effort being put in to reward someone else can make off of it.  That's my main concern. If we ever get to rebreeding/breeding all Pokes in matching balls it may make me feel better as I end up getting all Pokes w/o me needing to mass rebreed making trading(and especially mass rebreeding for me) less relevant, then in that case if at least my name/OT is kept next to the Pokémon on your list(one thing I actually liked about your list) as at least they know I am the one who put the effort in to breed it and credit at least goes somewhere.

Sorry if a little picky. This has just bothered me for the longest time and I forgot to bring it up so its stressing me out a lot.

But then there is the worse thing, someone else outside the guild being able to redis.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:51 pm

Wow, I leave for half a day and all hell breaks loose...

Anyway, I looked and looked, this has been addressed, but I can't find it.

We cannot reasonably ask for NFT on anything. Personally, I am not going to trade anything I get here barring the occasional clone trade;I love this project and want to keep this stuff in anticipation of move tutors and such. But, this issue has been purposely left out of the regulations simply because it's an unreasonable and unenforceable request. I do apologize bones, this reality isn't a reflection upon you or anything you've done thus far; in fact, you have been very helpful since you joined, you have bred very nice pokemon and I definitely understand why you'd want it this way. This was addressed before you even got here.

The reality here is that despite the request being unenforceable, the pokemon you receive from a cloner is your property, to do with what you want. I have discussed it with Mademoiselle before and this is the conclusion that was reached. She, Magikarpus, and I have expressed our apprehensions about trading this stuff away, but realize that there's no reasonable way we can tell members not to trade them.

This is the reality of the virtual world in which we live. Cloning, genning, and power saves are very much realities now. And I don't like it that people use them, but by that same token I understand it, because breeding can be an enormous barrier to entry if you don't have time.

Anyway, hope you don't take it personally our lose zeal for the project, you are very welcome here and breed top notch stuff.
Back to top Go down
Paintballers
Breeder
Paintballers

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 6:32 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Wow, I leave for half a day and all hell breaks loose...

Anyway, I looked and looked, this has been addressed, but I can't find it.

We cannot reasonably ask for NFT on anything. Personally, I am not going to trade anything I get here barring the occasional clone trade;I love this project and want to keep this stuff in anticipation of move tutors and such. But, this issue has been purposely left out of the regulations simply because it's an unreasonable and unenforceable request. I do apologize bones, this reality isn't a reflection upon you or anything you've done thus far; in fact, you have been very helpful since you joined, you have bred very nice pokemon and I definitely understand why you'd want it this way. This was addressed before you even got here.

The reality here is that despite the request being unenforceable, the pokemon you receive from a cloner is your property, to do with what you want. I have discussed it with Mademoiselle before and this is the conclusion that was reached. She, Magikarpus, and I have expressed our apprehensions about trading this stuff away, but realize that there's no reasonable way we can tell members not to trade them.

This is the reality of the virtual world in which we live. Cloning, genning, and power saves are very much realities now. And I don't like it that people use them, but by that same token I understand it, because breeding can be an enormous barrier to entry if you don't have time.

Anyway, hope you don't take it personally our lose zeal for the project, you are very welcome here and breed top notch stuff.

Ya this was addressed back when we breed fire type, i posed the question initially and a couple of us chimed in and we came to an agreement that although it would be great to keep these pokemons within our guild only it's impossible to monitor and keep tabs on everyone so it's best to just let each member do as they please with them.

Me personally I keep the pokes we breed separate in pokemon bank and will not trade them to anyone, it's for my collection only.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Like Bunsel and Paintballers said, we did address this at the very beginning of the project. We all agreed that it would suck if someone decided to mass clone all our pokemon and trade them for their own benefits, but we also realized that it would be impossible to actually monitor this and stop people from doing it.

When I wrote the thread to recruit cloners, I actually mentioned there that although we can't really "forbid" the cloning/trading of the pokemon we breed, we strongly discouraged it.

Since our cloners have been recruited, this thread went to the Trubbish Bin, which is probably why you can't find it, Bunsel. I'm guessing you only looked in the threads that are still in the main forums.

I'm going to edit this thread (the one we are in) to repeat the same thing (i.e. that we can't possibly forbid it but that we strongly discourage it) so that it's visible for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 1:59 pm

There. Edited.

Here's what I added:

Although we cannot stop anyone from cloning and trading away copies of the Pokemon they get from the Breeding Squad, we strongly discourage it, as it diminishes the value of the efforts the breeders put into their work. Such a behaviour is not forbidden, but be aware that many of your fellow breeders are going to see it as a lack of respect.

Now everyone knows where we stand, but ultimately, it's their call.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:22 pm

I did look in the Trubbish Bin, but it was on my phone, so it ordered them weird. And I remember the coversation well, i just couldn't see the original.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 10:44 pm

I agree with everyone that NFTs are really unenforceable. That being said, I kind of see BlueDryBones' point. I think the budew that he bred is ridiculously difficult to get. And if it starts spreading around, it's pretty obvious that it came from this project. And he is at a disadvantage since he cant clone and breeding another one would be incredibly annoying.

Personally, I don't really mind if someone trades the pokemon I bred for this project. Most of the pokemon I bred are relatively easy to breed anyway. What annoys me the most is when people get greedy and use the pokemon I bred to ask for ridiculous trades. I'm not referring to our cloners (I'm mostly thinking about the other trades I've done on gamefaqs when I used to trade there). Remember when bank first came out in japan and people were asking for shinies in exchange for transfer only HAs?

In summary:
NFTs are unenforceable
The only time NFTs should/can be enforced (imo) is when the pokemon is really difficult to get (i.e. BlueDryBones' budew or HA Mixed attacking HP Ice pichu with Volt Tackle)
I'm not planning to trade the pokemon I get here (I've ev trained most of them anyway)
You can trade the pokemon you got from me
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 10:59 pm

I will never trade that Budew, that thing is sexy.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 12:39 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I will never trade that Budew, that thing is sexy.

Oh yeah Dem Vines It's not like i had to go look at bulbapedia's description of budew to know that it had vines.

I don't really intend to trade anything either, i just don't want to have lots of stuff, i might mess up. :/
Back to top Go down
ugotmybeef
Breeder
ugotmybeef

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Just breed all things 6ivs and I can just rebreed them honestly.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:49 am

I don't know why, but i feel the need to say i am loving the banner so much Very Happy

The Lack of Amaura hurts my interior though
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Not sure where to post this: I can't access the chatbox and the letters are huge and the website is slow ;w; help
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:30 pm

why does this keep happening.

from what blue said, i think you can restart your computer and it should work.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Fixed now Smile i had to close all of my tabs and restart chrome ;w;

I had ALOT of tabs...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 1:05 am

Huh. I had just restarted my computer and that was the first tab I had open. I haven't been home to try it again. Same thing happened to me earlier.
Back to top Go down
Shrimpai
Breeder
Shrimpai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 3:26 am

Posting in this thread because I'll feel lame if I don't. But yeah, all of this is cool
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Ok MC, i just KNOW alakazam is going in the psychic poster but can we have gardevoir too ? Very Happy plsplspslpslspslspslspslpslspslspslspslspslspslpsslpsslpslspslspslsl
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 12:37 pm

I vote for 9 Alakazam eating cereal. Maybe Uri Gellar in there too bringing a lawsuit against Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:02 pm

okei so for reasons i'm too embarrassed to explain, i'm on gamefaqs now as 'Zyuxe'. Trying to message Dragon-Flower wont work anymore.

I killed it by accident is all you need to know lol
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:21 pm

So did you hide the body?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Bunselpower wrote:

it's inside the breeding squad guild squad....somewhere.....
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

it's inside the breeding squad guild squad....somewhere.....

lol
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 3:40 pm

NEW FRIEND CODE: 1478-6437-6658
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 5:11 pm

My loneliness. Is killing me. And I. I must confess. I still believe. Still believe. When I'm not with you. I lose my mind. Give me a sign. Hit me baby. One more time.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
My loneliness. Is killing me. And I. I must confess. I still believe. Still believe. When I'm not with you. I lose my mind. Give me a sign. Hit me baby. One more time.

That is all.

Presentation of the Project 17296a06a25f9e93afaf44764ae7258d

This is all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 am

Magikarpus wrote:

That is all.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was just listening to this because i'm sorta hyped over her new album even though i'm not a britney spears fan i'm just sorta excited because snippets and leaks always get me excited and Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Magikarpus wrote:

That is all.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was just listening to this because i'm sorta hyped over her new album even though i'm not a britney spears fan i'm just sorta excited because snippets and leaks always get me excited and Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

pretty girls was the most autotuned, recycled, charli xcx sounding, cheap, second hand, fake rap monstrosity to date and i hope it fails beyond possible understanding (as long as it doesn't affect britneys career in the long run Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Alright, to resurrect this old dinosaur back to life...

Can we please use a color for "Finished" different than white? it blends in perfectly on my mobile site and I can't see the title.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 5:26 pm

NOT ME TALKING ABOUT BRITNEY SPEARS SERIOUSLY BUNSEL WHY DID YOU BRING THIS BACK

can we just delete everything from when i was 13-15
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project EmptyMon Dec 12, 2016 6:45 am

Oops, you did it again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presentation of the Project   Presentation of the Project Empty

Back to top Go down

Presentation of the Project
Page 1 of 1