cmzoid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Stall the world +  Happy Doubles Fun Time
Ability: Contrary
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/0/31/0/31/0
Hidden Power: N/A
Egg Moves:
- Knock Off
- Sand Tomb
- Rock Blast
- Helping Hand

All praise discussion!!! (and lord helix)

Progress

In the Distribution Stage

Last edited by cmzoid on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Why Bold when its main moves are Physical? Also wouldnt specially defensive be better? I think set 1 would like Helping hand more over Rock Blast.

Also super slow(the slowest thing ever) so why not use Sassy?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:55 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Why Bold when its main moves are Physical? Also wouldnt specially defensive be better? I think set 1 would like Helping hand more over Rock Blast.

Also super slow(the slowest thing ever) so why not use Sassy?

Yeah, it is pretty slow... And the reason I have it bold with 31 attack IV is because... me be that there stupit Very Happy. And that I copied Lileep's format...

The actual set would be basically straight stall. Rest + Infestation + Toxic + filler? most likely, so I was going bold, but sassy makes more sense Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Actually, bold with 0 attack is better imo, because Shuckle likes to run Power Split, so it steals more attack from the foe the lower it's attack is.

I also suggest bold solely because it is really good at swiping large attack boosts from the opponent, and nearly every setup sweeper is physical. I sat once and took a swords dance from a Garchomp and then proceeded to murder things with Knock off.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:30 pm

cmzoid wrote:

Set 2 : Happy Doubles Fun Time
Ability: Contrary

It basically uses guard swap after raising its own defense with one of your own sweepers

And how do you expect to do raise your defenses with Contrary..?

(Also I think the first set is enough)
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:32 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
And how do you expect to do raise your defenses with Contrary..?

Contrary Shell Smash lowers its speed, attack, and special attack, but raises its defense and special defense Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Shell smash Mademoiselle. It's actually a fairly common set. The problem with it as a stall poke is the lack of recovery makes it easy to whittle down.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:46 pm

Actually I like the idea of contrary shell smash rest toxic infestation set. Sounds better than accupressure to me... We could make only a contrary set?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Actually I like the idea of contrary shell smash rest toxic infestation set. Sounds better than accupressure to me... We could make only a contrary set?

And I could have helping hand instead of acupressure... well... that makes it one set
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Derp, forgot about rest.

I'm all for the infestation set, I have the other one anyway.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:55 pm

The infestation set sounds great! About Power Split... does it average both attack and sp. attack stats?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:58 pm

Hmm, I always thought it was just attack, but I think you're right, it would make sense anyway.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Then it could have both Attack and Sp. Attack as 0, right? It'd take a ditto with 0 IV in those, however.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Right. Again, I'd give priority to attack. And it's so slow, you really don't need to worry about that being a stat to get perfect.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Does Calm deserve a mention?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 3:57 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:

It does, but Bold is still better.

Also I'm all for making the spread 31/0/31/0/31/x
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:05 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:

Yeah... it would mess with the opponent's stats
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
BlueDryBones1 wrote:

31/0/31/0/31/0 it shall be!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:21 pm

But if running Bold 0 Att it would cripple Att more than SpA in which case higher SpD would be more beneficial to balance it out? Also really this thing will be getting hit w/ special moves more?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:53 pm

The biggest problem I have with balancing defenses is you get into a "Jack of all trades, master of none" situation. I'd rather this thing become a full stop to one or the other. Honestly, I think it will come down to what your team needs to wall more.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 5:55 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
But if running Bold 0 Att it would cripple Att more than SpA in which case higher SpD would be more beneficial to balance it out? Also really this thing will be getting hit w/ special moves more?

The difference between its attack and special attack is 2, so after using power split, the change is only 1 point in either direction, so calm and bold just depends more on what people are more opt to hit shuckle with in the first place.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:18 am

After getting trolled by this thing 7 different times, I'm finally done with Shuckle!!!
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Also I exist.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:16 pm

You got it! Lol
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:35 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
Also I exist.

Who said that... gasp... it must have been an imaginary voice O.O
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Vote on the most important poll in ages!!!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 5:04 pm

How about "water"?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
How about "water"?

How dare you be healthy!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Ok then...

*How about sangria?
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:42 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Ok then...

*How about sangria?

Better Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Shuckle Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Shuckle   [Finished] Shuckle Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Shuckle
Page 1 of 1