BlueDryBones1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:34 pm

The sad fate of HGSS haunts me again with its return on my ORAS catriadge. I've lost everything on the file including my most favorite Pokemon I was EV training. R.I.P. Blue Virus...

I'm talking about file corruption. The same fate of my HGSS that caused me to quit Pokemon and I'm hoping I dont have to relive this again Sad

I need help. I'm not going past the corrupted message. Does anyone know a fix or do I have to give up all hope?

I lost so many of my shinies  as well as every Poke I bred you guys Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Have you tried using pokemon bank? There's a chance that you'll get it to recognize the save file and keep your pokes.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:58 pm

Don't delete it yet. Because there are some methods using external readers that could work. Power saves, PC readers, etc, that could save you here.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:59 pm

Source please Bunsel. I read somewhere not to get past the screen so I havent yet and am currently resetting to see if it'll work.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:01 pm

It's just a reddit I found. Also, do you have a physical copy?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Yea, my ORAS file is physical.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Darn. Sometimes SD readers will help too. So basically, it sounds like the corruption trigger differs from game to bank, so what would be corrupted on bank may not show as corrupted on game and vice versa.

I've also read what you did, that resetting is a method to hopefully make it work. And I would keep doing that for a while. If it becomes apparent that it won't work, other than an external reader that could possibly extract some data, or bank, I don't know what you can do.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Also for my own reference I am putting a list here of everything that was completed that I recall I lost:

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Nothing seems to be working so I'm starting to think this may be it. Yet I do not have the heart to get past the corruption screen as I know once I do its all over Sad
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:57 pm

Did you try bank? Because you don't need to get past that screen, you need to get to it from your 3ds menu. You have to turn off the game, but I don't think that will do anything differently than resetting it. And if it does, it's not like resetting is working.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 2:58 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Did you try bank? Because you don't need to get past that screen, you need to get to it from your 3ds menu. You have to turn off the game, but I don't think that will do anything differently than resetting it. And if it does, it's not like resetting is working.

Sadly bank wont read the cart either. If it did I'd be able to save all but 6 of my Battleboxed Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:03 pm

Darn. Well, don't know what to say then. Have you tried the nes methods of blowing out stuff and trying another console?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:16 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Darn. Well, don't know what to say then. Have you tried the nes methods of blowing out stuff and trying another console?

I only have one 3DS and every other cartridage works and I have tried that as well as rebooting the cartriadge in every way I can think of but all led to the same result.

Seems this may have been caused by my habit of immediately turning off after saving(though I always do this so why is it different now?). Read that there is a process that goes up to 5-10 seconds after so to prevent this from happening to anyone else make sure you wait a while after you save before you leave. I find it stupid that they did that rather than make saves longer though.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Also cant express my disappointment from losing Blue Virus...

My favorite of all of my Pokemon despite being rather simple. It was the Naive 6IV Porygon that I always endorse when you speak its name.

Was working towards getting every single Ribbon on Blue Virus as well. Even bothered to max out affection for in-battle perks.

Hurts too as my Heart Gold that I mentioned previously to some of you that was the file that got corrupted right when I finished EVing my first team had a Porygon-Z there as well.

I literally just finished EVing a bunch  of Pokemon on AS with P-Z being one of them and then this happens Sad there must be a connection...

To think I just got over my paranoia of previously keeping all Pokes on the bank 24/7 unless I absolutely needed it.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 7:44 pm

Alright, I think I know what to do. Gonna be busy starting over ORAS tomorrow as my best hope for getting them all back involves getting access to the DC again.

Getting back those shinies will be a grand pain. Especially since no one here is active enough to check eggs consistently anymore. Which will make things painfully slow.

If anyone has females of any of my missing sets a female reject could help me get back as I won't breed anything else unless I regain all lost breedables.

Almost all Ditto were there as well if a cloner can give me the ones I need once I refinish Oras.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 5:24 am

So sorry to hear this Blue. I also apologize for not being online last night to hand over Cranidos as something came up.

Did your save file just suddenly get corrupt? I'll check if I have females of some of your missing sets. Are the missing sets listed in your spreadsheet?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:06 am

Yeah, I doubt I have much but if you want to highlight the sets your missing and post them here, I'll go through my bank. And I can always leverage stuff in the trading boards.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 11:37 am

bash678 wrote:
So sorry to hear this Blue. I also apologize for not being online last night to hand over Cranidos as something came up.

Did your save file just suddenly get corrupt? I'll check if I have females of some of your missing sets. Are the missing sets listed in your spreadsheet?

Yeah they are. The missing sets include everything on my Eggs tab, and everything I listed above. If you guys have at least the ball for any of these would help alot as thats the hardest part for most of them.

Though I'm marking all missing sets with the word LOST so search within the document to see everything I lost.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pALUz1Xt2hy7ksjCkFY_Eh1FKpPgnnfroG7vmOKQnQA/edit?usp=sharing

As I offered on Smogon if anyone helps me get a set back you can get another set off the list in return.

Some notable Pokes from recent distributions include:

Burmy-Sand
Wynaut
Bagon(Dive)

and there are others I bred myself but sadly even if we have them I have to redo them b/c most I now cannot renickname.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Also just resetted AS. Guess there is no going back now D:

Though before I make any progress I'm rebreeding Porygon so I can make him my "starter" I'm still using Torchic though.
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Hey, Blue if you still need dive ball Baron and squirtle I got extra females you can. I also have a 6 iv dream ball F Milotic you can use as a parent but I'm going to need it back.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 pm

I still have access to rebreed Feebas so that shouldn't be an issue.

Dive Ball Bagon I likely can get from distribution however if you have one it could cut time as I would've had to ask for a nickname anyways. Squirtle would help too if its for the Modest set.

Thanks for offering a hand with those bouncer.
Back to top Go down
Team_Darkfire
Breeder
Team_Darkfire

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:34 pm

Sorry about your game. I have a female Vulpix exactly like the one you lost but with heat wave instead of flare blitz if you want it.

Also, let me know if you need eggs checked, I'm actually online a lot more than it looks. Smile
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 8:50 pm

I'd like that Vulpix please. You actually gave me the first one as well but I just added Flare Blitz when breeding for nicknamability. B/c I kept it in its egg though sadly went down with me being unable to bank it making it part of the biggest group that got lost which was eggs.

Thanks for offering help with that Smile

Worth noting though my X version has box space issues so I actually do not want to trade for anything til I reach ORAS post-game.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 5:29 am

ono file corruption x.x THE HORROR! Good luck on this journey to recover what you lost x.x don't let the loss dismay you
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 4:30 pm

The Bagon I had planned on giving you is the one from the distribution. Since I already have a BR Salamence of the same set, I don't need the Bagon. As for the Squirtle it's 6iv modest w/ its HA and has Brine, Water Pulse, Dragon Pulse, and Aura Sphere as EMs. I can't nickname it though. Let me know when your free to pick them up.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:07 pm

Probably once I reach post-game. I'll make a post somewhere once I do.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Sorry for not getting back immediately. Got pre-occupied. I took a gander at your excel sheet, I may have a lot of the special ball females you seek (except the illegal combos). I didn't make a list (I might when I get more time) but from memory, I should have them in the Bank. They need to be re-bred of course.

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Thanks bash, let me know before you breed anything though as I also got a friend from serebii who has several rejects of what I lost I may get covered soon. I'm trying not to take anything in though until I reach ORAS post-game for organization.
______

Also is there any cloner on here who can clone a Ralts egg? The hatcher for one of my Ralts egg which I need to hatch for me to be willing to continue the ORAS story became available. I've been holding out on progressing as I wanted a shiny Ralts to take on Wally before the Mauville gym and if I can have it cloned to hatch a pair soon I could get back into progressing ORAS. Part of my mission to customize the end-game credits.

If anyone can help me please let me know.

EDIT: Got some help already. Looks like I'm ready to progress in ORAS Very Happy

Now to work towards Post-game. Currently in Mauville.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help me please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me please...   Help me please... Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me please...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breeding Squad :: Lobby :: Miscellaneous-
Jump to: