50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Help Needed] Magby Empty
PostSubject: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:44 am

Proposed Sets

[Help Needed] Magby Magby[Help Needed] Magby Bag_Dream_Ball_Sprite
Set 1 : Special
Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Modest
Item: Magmizer
IV spread: 31/x/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
- Barrier
- Belch
- Focus Energy
- Power Swap

[Help Needed] Magby Magby[Help Needed] Magby Luxuryball
Set 2 : Mixed
Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Mild
Item: Magmizer
IV spread: 31/31/30/30/31/31
Hidden Power: Grass
Egg Moves:
- Cross Chop
- Flare Blitz
- Focus Energy
- Mach Punch

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 12:45 am

Also can a cloner send me both of our Magbys from Fire? I wasn't around then so I dont have it but it would help speed things up as they have most of the EMs that I need and would help save time with that Lv 30 evolution handicap I have.

Assuming PS can be used for Rare candies and such evolving them would be a big help as well but not needed if I can at least get help with the former.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 2:20 am

The rebreed reason was supposed to be "Mixed with HP grass". I derped when I copied it from the spreadsheet, my bad. Basically keep your second set (and I think Rash would be best to focus on the special side).

And while we're at it I think it would be cool to add a bold one for the Eviolite set because it is pretty good. So that would mean keep your first set with Flame Body but make it bold. Idk if I'm the only one who actually wants an Eviolite Magmar though.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 2:56 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
The rebreed reason was supposed to be "Mixed with HP grass". I derped when I copied it from the spreadsheet, my bad. Basically keep your second set (and I think Rash would be best to focus on the special side).

And while we're at it I think it would be cool to add a bold one for the Eviolite set because it is pretty good. So that would mean keep your first set with Flame Body but make it bold. Idk if I'm the only one who actually wants an Eviolite Magmar though.

The Eviolite set is how I plan on using it.

However I do not think Bold is the way to go. You lose power for a bit of physical bulk but the way these spreads work you would have to invest alot to make Bold worth it and by that point you wonder why aren't you using a Fire type with a better movepool to wall. The Eviolite set is more of a tank. Take a few hits and hit hard back. Magmar is better on the Special side as it can switch in on Grass types with ease which are common in its tier. Thus being able to still hit hard is pretty good for Magmar. The only other nature I see being worthwhile is Timid since Magmar is actually faster than Magmortar having a base speed of 93 compared to Magmortar's base 83 though you'd probably want to run a more offensive set with that.

Grass types are the most common users of Sleep inducing moves as well as Magmar's best switch-in opportunity so the choice of Vital Spirit vs Flame Body is tough for me though since that gives me something else to think about. I may put a poll on that if we end up doing set 1 unless one of them gets support via comments as I generally am pretty neutral on both Level Ball is cooler though...

Also imo HP Grass is worth it on its own since our existing one lacks it.

I noticed we do not have a Magmar set(aside from the physical one if you don't want Earthquake). Magmar does not get T-bolt so HP Grass while important for Magmortar is even more important for Magmar to round out its more limited coverage options.

Granted if you guys do not want it I'll be willing to take it down but felt like addressing the above.

Regardless I'll breed it for my personal collection as I really want to try that Eviolite set.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 11:50 pm

With Barrier on there, I actually agree with Blue on the nature. Also, I think that this will be a Grass type switch in above all, and Vital Spirit seems more useful to me. Barrier is there in case you anticipate a physical threat you can beat, but a might work nature vs. a very viable always works nature seems to be how I'm seeing this.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 1:54 am

I'm starting to agree with Vital Spirit. I would've liked to have one w/o its HA for variety but after I brung up the Grass type argument Vital Spirit now seems even more useful. If anyone would like to argue for Flame Body feel free to do so so I can potentially put up a poll to settle this.

Also seems there is interest in set 1 for Magmar. So should we keep it there?

Also no discussion on the mixed set. Any potential changes there? How about the nature? I've also seen HP Ice sets floating around for that so it does have quite a few options with the nature/spread.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm fine with Vital Spirit and modest for Magmar. And for Magmortar my choice for the nature would be Rash and I would keep HP grass but I'm fine with ice too.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:02 pm

Alright, I'm torn with Ice/Grass so I'll keep Grass and if anyone would like Ice for set #2 feel free to say so so I can put up a poll.

I guess by the looks of it I can get started on set 1 so if anyone has time to send me the Magbys from Fire please let me know as it will help work around the pain of working with this thing's evolution.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:02 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
if anyone has time to send me the Magbys from Fire please let me know

My last final is tuesday morning so if you still need it after that I can give it to you. Until then sorry but no time XD
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 5:03 pm

I still need the Magby so if anyone has the time feel free to let me know.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:52 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
I still need the Magby so if anyone has the time feel free to let me know.

Tomorrow, sometime before 3PM EST. Just let me know when and I'll meet you in the chat. (I kinda have stuff to do tomorrow though so if you could post here before tomorrow morning to telp me at what time so I can know in advance and plan accordingly that would be great)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 4:54 pm

Ooor if you plan on going to sleep late tonight I'll probably be home around 12, or maybe 1AM.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:58 am

Don't know if I missed you but I should be free most of tomorrow if your free then. I probably won't get started til after Xmas anyways so don't worry if it takes a while.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Well I guess I'll give it to you after the holidays
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
Well I guess I'll give it to you after the holidays

That'll be fine, thanks.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 11:24 am

I should be available for most of the day if you happen to have the time.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 2:45 pm

I was away with no internet for the holidays and came back today. I will be available most of the day tomorrow (monday) and tuesday.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I was away with no internet for the holidays and came back today. I will be available most of the day tomorrow (monday) and tuesday.

Tomorrow will likely be a good day. Let me know when you are free then.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:36 am

I'm here now and I'll be around until late in the afternoon. I'll check once in a while to see if you're online.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 12:41 pm

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I'm here now and I'll be around until late in the afternoon. I'll check once in a while to see if you're online.

Online now. Let me know when you are free.

If I can finish my Psyduck project I likely can get started on this today.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:09 pm

I'm going in the chat
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks for the Magbys. Hopefully I should be able to start on this later today so I can get started on Cranidos.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Finished the Modest set. Luckily I came up with a good route to train Magbys to Lv 30 in as little as 2-3 battles.

I'll start the mixed set tomorrow.

Worth noting I changed Belch to Focus Energy as its less situational and I feel 100% Cross Chops regardless of item and Overheat spam is better than Belch on the second set in my opinion. If there are any objections I can change it back if we want.

On a seperate note I learned yesterday that you cannot touch the move Belch in battle at all unless a held berry is eaten. I found out while trying to get Smeargle to copy Belch off a Cacnea. I thought it wouldn't use it until all its PP of its 3 other moves went out but it ended up struggling before it could use it. The sad part is after coming up with a complicated way to sketch it I found out Smeargle wasn't in Magmar's egg group to begin with...

If we want any last minute changes for the second set I put a poll up for what I believe are viable options worth consideration. It'll take time to gather EMs as I gotta get 2 cycles first so if any are wanted feel free to vote if you want. Otherwise I'll stick with what we have planned.

May seem unnecessary but this isn't an easy thing to rebreed so want to make sure we are fine with what we will have and I feel Mild vs Rash and HP Ice vs HP Grass hasn't been touched upon enough.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 9:08 pm

considering the tier for these, it seems like HP Grass would be more useful because I bet every team that has a Grass type will have a Water/Ground, and a lot of them reside in the lower tiers.

Also, considering the types of Pokemon against which this will be effective, may as well not hit the Sp. Def. with a Rash nature and go for the smaller hit on defense.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Alright, looks like I managed to get some help getting the ball for the mixed set so I should be starting soon. If anyone has any last minute votes while I work on getting the EMs set up now is the time to do it.

I held my vote but if I voted I probably would've gone HP Ice(just barely)/Mild.

With that counting 2 votes towards Mild (1 vote Rash maybe b/c Madem stated her preference earlier) guess I'll go Mild if there are no objections.

B/c not enough votes towards the Hidden Power(what I mean by this is that I told myself the poll would be useless unless a category had at least 2 votes as it shouldn't be off of one person) I will keep it Grass as previously planned.

This is of course assuming no last minute votes show up so its not too late.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 5:27 pm

This is done. RNG was on my side for the mixed set as it rained female Magbys when doing EMs and despite having the equivalent of a 3IV Female got a 6IV within only a few eggs.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Got comfirmation from a friend from Smogon. Seems I can borrow both females of both sets back to rebreed this. Unfortunately right now I'm not super motivaitied since I have to now go through ORAS's story again and I'm a perfectionist so I cannot not 100% every route Sad

It took me 8 days the first go around so assuming it takes the same amount of time I will be back in school and back to my weekends only schedule before I can get to this.

Was hoping if anyone can take over? Though I hope whoever can can keep the balls I bred on them...

I would need the parents I send back (or better ones) since the Magbys I would send would be loaned to me.

I deleted the post before this but to those unaware my ORAS catriadge suffered corruption and I lost a ton of Pokemon including those Magby.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 am

Looking at the reasons for doing this one, it seems it just a set expansion, so there isn't much of a reason to keep going with this. Unless someone disagrees with me, I think this is better left until the new meta settles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Help Needed] Magby   [Help Needed] Magby Empty

Back to top Go down

[Help Needed] Magby
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breeding Squad :: Breeding Project :: Pokémon :: Completed Types :: Rebreed [Not Complete]-
Jump to: