Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Discussion] Larvesta Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : HP Rock
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Timid
Item: Focus Sash
IV spread: 31/odd/30/31/30/30
Hidden Power: Rock
Egg Moves:
- Endure
- Foresight
- Magnet Rise
- Morning Sun

Set 2: HP Ground
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Timid
Item: Focus Sash
IV spread: 31/X/31/30/30/31
Hidden Power: Ground
Egg Moves:
- Endure
- Foresight
- Magnet Rise
- Morning Sun

Basically, I've been planning on breeding both of these eventually for my own use, so.......... I'm forcing them upon you until further notice.

(note, due to "issues" I won't be starting right away.......... I'll leave it at that Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:18 pm

Issues = He lost some normal pokémon

Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Where is the Physical Larvesta set?

How about Harden over Magnet Rise? Volcarona doesn't really fear EQs too much and although Harden is... Harden it boosts defense alongside Quiver Dance.

Also can Flame Body be Modest? Mainly for more of a tanky Rage Powder set and to differentiate the two a bit more and Flame Body can work well with Rage Powder.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:14 am

Honestly I don't really see why Swarm would ever be chosen over Flame Body. And the point of the rebreed was just to change the hidden power to something more useful for the offensive Quiver Dance set so I'd say just one timid set with flame body and HP ground would be enough.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 1:28 am

Both Hidden Powers are very viable and meant to hit different things as the choice decides which of Volcarona's would be counters you can get past.

I'd agree Swarm isn't very useful but for the sake of some weird Choice set it can work well on sets that do not require setting up. I've seen the destructive power of Specs Swarm Beautifly in NU after stealth rocks causing safe and easy activation so I can definitely see something like that work with Volcarona. Also its good if you feel like running Sash for standard wi-fi as well.

Though I still want to argue for Modest Flame Body so we can opt to run a bulkier spread with it if we want too I see merits in both just for the Hidden Power alone since the only other one you guys have is HP Grass which is useless.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:41 am

I had swarm there because I've used it in the past combined with a focus sash. I powers up Bug Buzz after the focus sash has been used. Combined with Quiver Dance, you get a fairly powerful move.

Plus, the HP rock one was used on my mono-bug team which was ruined by talonflame, but focus sash + HP Rock allows for Talonflame's death, and swarm can be thrown in for a last stand, but yeah, if no one wants it, I'll breed Flame Body.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 12:19 pm

I wouldn't mind Swarm. I find it odd that we bred only one Volcarona set in the first place.

You trade off passing a burn to an extra 1.5x boost to Bug type moves and with the right item it definitely can be used well.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 4:07 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
I find it odd that we bred only one Volcarona set in the first place.

There were two. A Timid one and a Bold one.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:18 pm

Anyway, due to recent events that will remain nameless, I'm only going to breed one unless there is split interest in the HP type. I'm going to make a poll for that, and will distribute whatever wins.

However, I am actually going to breed both HP types, so if people are interested even if the other type wins out, I can give those out as well. I'm not trying to buck the system, its just the reality that I've been trying to get a mono-bug team in game ready, and I have used both volcarona listed above in showdown, so it will be available regardless of vote. (Just trying to be friendly lol)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Considering your explanation of the swarm + focus sash + HP rock set I think it's fine to do 2. I mean, the regular Quiver Dance set with HP ground is definitely necessary, but the other one definitely sounds very viable too in the metagame with Talonflame and all.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:18 pm

I'll likely need someone to take this over.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 1:25 pm

If anyone would like some parents for this feel free to let me know as I have some available.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 2:29 pm

I can re-take this over if no one did it in my absents.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:50 pm

I'm pretty sure no one did XD
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 am

Hey zoid, wondering if anything ever came of this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Larvesta   [Discussion] Larvesta Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Larvesta
Page 1 of 1