bash678
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 5:28 am

It's confirmed: Zygarde gets multiple forms.

http://serebii.net/news/2015/12-September-2015.shtml

New Zygarde Formes Zygarde
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:14 am

Well, it's official, pokemon is starting to lose me.

Seriously, that is a transformer. Zygarde is a serpent, and a dog (?!?), and optimus prime?!? And a little green blob? I know this will tie into the story, but man, I am not impressed with this at all.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 11:15 am

Also, bash is our official foreign correspondent here, you can't slip anything by him.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 6:43 pm

zygarde core and cell are literally the same thing ughhhhhh, did they just run out of ideas? did they just not wanna do regular evolution, why not do some kind of manaphy shizz like phione?

@game freak New Zygarde Formes NZEbYtq
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 9:31 pm

Pokemon, Directed by Michael Bay
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:24 am

cmzoid wrote:
Pokemon, Directed by Michael Bay

I thik that made me laugh more than it should.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:28 am

Seriously though, I HOPE the story has a good explanation for this. I would have been fine with 1 cell/blob form, the current form and a mega/primal/origin/whatever form. But having cell AND blob is ridiculous, and the dog, wtf??!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:52 am

The dog is where they lost me. They're under pressure (do do do do-do-do-do) to make something that can compete,i get that. But trying to be something you're not to compete doesn't work. Just ask McDonald's, they're weighing down their menu with this artisan stuff, and what has it done? It makes other stuff more expensive and doesn't sell because people won't pay 8 bucks for a sandwich there when they can get a much better one elsewhere for the same price. Pokemon is doing the same thing. They're losing longtime fans with stuff like this and they aren't attracting new fans because new fans can get these transformation things elsewhere. Not to mention the higher and higher stakes on these games are making me less and less interested.

That being said, I thought Kalos was a great region and I'm excited to go back to it, team flare or no.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:11 pm

It's too early for me to draw a conclusion. The story behind each Pokémon is very meaningful to me. That's one of the reasons why I like to watch the anime and movies. I like to experience the Pokémon in a way that, most of the time, we can't in the game. The story is so crucial to me that until I fully understand the one behind Zygarde, I can't form a substantial opinion. We know too little as of now, but from what we know I like the general idea. I'll speculate from the info they have given us.

Zygarde 50% Forme
New Zygarde Formes Top-gallery-4

Well, that's the old Zygarde we know. A legend meant to watch over and maintain the local ecosystem.  We meet him in Terminus Cave all the way to the east of Kalos. Look at it. Does he seem fast enough to go immediately all the way to Geosenge, the west-most city of Kalos in the other side of the region, and prevent Team Flare from using that big flower cataclysmic weapon? Nah… [even though he can have a speed stat of 317 with beneficial nature and ev trained (which he has a low chance of having, we all know that… source: soft-reset experience)]. BUT... what if he could leave parts of himself scattered throughout Kalos.

That’s when we meet: Zygarde Cell
New Zygarde Formes Inline-image-1

Very convenient ability that, now we know, Zygarde has. So it’s leaving a lot of his Cells throughout the region. However, the Cells don’t possess any will or thought process. They’re just cells. How to make them useful? And that's where the difference between Core and Cell lies.

Zygarde Core
New Zygarde Formes Inline-image-2

It leaves small parts of its brain scattered along with the Cells. Wynaut? xD Some self-aware Cores that can communicate with the Cells and other Cores via telepathy would solve that problem. “When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.” Now the speculation begins (still, an obvious superficial idea).

“Cores have been known to take action.” Imagine an ecosystem imbalance taking place in Coastal Kalos. Zygarde 50% Forme is all the way back in Eastern Kalos, but its duty is to maintain the ecosystem balance. So a Zygarde Core in Coastal Kalos takes action by uniting the cells around there until the point where they are 10% of the total of cells and can actually do something about whatever is happening.

Zygarde 10% Forme
New Zygarde Formes Zygarde10

The dog. “Capable of traveling over 60 mph (100kmn/h), it defeats enemies with its sharp fangs and its incredible speed.” Well… why a dog? Only the story can fully explain this, but there are reasons one can come up with for that choice. First of all, its speed is one of the main factors. The Cores will gather Cells in emergencies. Speed is more than welcome in those cases. A dog can be fast. So, due to logic, a dog is a plausible form for the Core to take. The second reason I can find, and one that only the story can ascertain, is that dogs are humans’ best friends. I bet a lonely Core watched some trainer with a dog Pokémon having the time of their lives and from then on they imitated that Pokémon, which I would say it’s a Houndoom. It even copies the dog collar and nameplate. Again, speculation and some dreaming of my part

Last but not least: Zygarde Complete Forme

New Zygarde Formes S19-169

“This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal!”

In this Zygarde form, one thing that stands out is the coloring. Xerneas’ blue and Yveltal’s red draw attention and might even put people in an alert mode. A giant humanoid form with the other two legends’ colors adorning it. Fusion? Transformers? Megazord? The colors, I see as mere indicators that Zygarde is the balance element between Xerneas’ life and Yveltal’s death. The balance of an ecosystem needs both life and death. Now why the humanoid form? Is that form its original one? Did watching humans throughout the years make him take that form? I would like this approach that Zygarde appreciates ”well-intentioned” humans and their part in the balance of the system and adopted that form.

In XY, Zygarde was nothing but a random legendary that many players did not even get to encounter since it was hidden in a cave that was hidden in a forest. Now it’s Zygarde’s turn to have the spotlights attention. And it already does. I don’t see it as Game Freak taking another creative course. It is simply a more complex idea for Zygarde and, more importantly, an exception. These aren’t the regular form variations we have known. They are more story-related and I like them as exceptions. I don’t want them to be commonplace in the next games, and I really believe they aren’t going to be. But as exceptions, I like the idea."

P.S.: instead of writing the 2-page HW essay, I wrote this one x.x

Last edited by rafa on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 12:15 am

That's motivation right there ^
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 3:12 am

rafa's post is now my headcanon Smile

Also I kinda like the dog, looks like the kind of Pokemon I would use Surprised

Makes me want to look for a Jolly Zygarde.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Zygarde Formes Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zygarde Formes   New Zygarde Formes Empty

Back to top Go down

New Zygarde Formes
Page 1 of 1