Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Games selling advice  Empty
PostSubject: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 12:53 am

Was just wondering, has anyone here ever tried to sell old games? I was just wondering if you guys knew of any good sites.

Also, if anyone has used ebay or anything, let me know how it went and what to do and such. New to the game, and hopefully can turn around some of my old games. Thanks!

Update

So here's a list of my top items, just in case anybody wants to purchase here. I will will stray from sports unless someone has a genuine interest in them. These are games that I have kept because they're pokemon, and I say I'll play them again, but after years of not playing them, I need to do something with them. These games are in great condition and complete with cases unless otherwise noted, and are apparently quite the collectors items, so don't expect to get them for cheap Smile

I have already concocted a spreadsheet detailing costs through ebay, and so using that I will cut you guys some slack lol. But not because you're my friends. (ok, it's because we're friends)

Nintendo 3DS

Mario Golf World Tour (still unsure about this one)
Legend of zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Nintendo DS

Pokemon pearl
Pokemon diamond
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon black
Pokemon white
Pokemon black 2
Pokemon heartgold with poke Walker
Pokemon soul silver with poke Walker (maybe)
Legend of zelda: phantom hourglass
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (don't think I have a case for that)
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
The Cobalt DS lite itself (L button doesn't work lol)

Nintendo Wii

LoZ: Twilight Princess (probably won't)
SSB: Brawl (again, probably not but I'll listen)
Pirates of the Carribbean: At world's end (lol xmas gift)
Wii Play

PS3

Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3 in tin case thing
MLB the Show 12-15
The 160 gb PS3 itself with extra controller

For other consoles, just ask, I have lots more hand-held and console games. I'm sure these are collectors items someday, but I'd rather them be used or displayed than sit in my closet. Just check prices on ebay if you want to offer, or just mail me money and I'll decide what to send you lol.

Also, I'm not actually sure how this will work internationally, so mc, this may be a bust anyway.

Last edited by Bunselpower on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 7:25 am

I've never tried selling old games, so I can't offer an advice.

In France, we have other sites apart from the standard eBay and Amazon. I'm pretty sure you have those kind of sites too in the US. But I reckon you'll get more "exposure" if you place an ad in eBay or Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:27 am

What games do you want to sell? I might buy you some lol.

(Also never used eBay. Only done garage sales.)
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:53 am

Haha, just noticed I forgot to change the title from the placeholder.

Anyway, I was looking to sell some old pokemon games, all of my DS
Pokémon games have the original box and everything. Actually, heart gold and soul silver have the box and poke Walker and all that. Also have a plethora of other games too.

I am looking to unload Ocarina of Time 3D. It's practically new, so it should fetch a good amount.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Wow, my phone is the worst at stuff. Sorry for the mess here.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:53 pm

After much bad, I've updated the first post with the game info mc asked for. But everyone is welcome to look around.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 am

I would DEFINITELY be interested in Soul Silver with the Pokéwalker. How much are we talking about?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:31 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
I would DEFINITELY be interested in Soul Silver with the Pokéwalker. How much are we talking about?

Yeah, here's the problem. I didn't realize the used game market was this good. It's not going as high as HeartGold, so that's good. But this is regularly selling at 10 dollars over new price (my first positive ROI!) when bidding is allowed. I am a new seller, but every similar item to mine is at least 45 and very often 50 or more. This and HeartGold are my two big ticket items (other than the PS3 itself). Of course this means that I'll only collect 80% of that for fees and such, so a discount from ebay prices obviously will occur because of their cut (they get 10%) if you want it.

Plus, and perhaps moreso, this is one that I don't think I'll end up selling. It's worth more to me because it's just one of my favorite games, and the most well done remake of all. This and Platinum I don't think I'll get rid of solely because I regularly do run throughs of them. I just listed them because I copy/pasted a list of games I have and figured what the heck. So really, unless I get a super good offer on this one, I think I'll probably pull it from the shelf. Sorry!

Unless you trade me a 55 gallon drum of maple syrup. I bet I could make 40 bucks on that.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:47 am

Although, I guess I could sell mine and look for a replacement cartridge. Yeah, that would work.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:50 am

55 gallons of maple syrup is worth a LOT more than 40 bucks, just sayin'. Razz

Actually I already have HeartGold, and SoulSilver is almost the same, so really what I want most is the pokéwalker. But I'm guessing you won't want to sell just the pokéwalker since it's much more valuable in a bundle with the game...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 9:57 am

Probably not. Depends on how much you would give, but I would probably want to keep it just to see if the value goes up through the years, since I'm keeping the game anyway.

Also, we should turn our new website into an online business and everyone can have a second job and we can all buy poke walkers and carry 6 at one time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games selling advice    Games selling advice  Empty

Back to top Go down

Games selling advice
Page 1 of 1