Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  Empty
PostSubject: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 3:40 pm

I have achieved platinum level rewards with Club Nintendo, with 870 coins, and am looking to spend these coins plus my gift on the best possible combination of games for maximum enjoyness. I would like suggestions on how to spend these coins and which gift to receive. This will be 3ds only, and I have Mario Golf and Links Awakening and that's about it.

Right now I'm thinking Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Dillon's Rolling Western.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 9:55 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I have achieved platinum level rewards with Club Nintendo, with 870 coins, and am looking to spend these coins plus my gift on the best possible combination of games for maximum enjoyness.  I would like suggestions on how to spend these coins and which gift to receive. This will be 3ds only, and I have Mario Golf and Links Awakening and that's about it.

Right now I'm thinking Mario Kart 7, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Dillon's Rolling Western.

Join us in the animal crossing club!!! JOIN US!!!!!!!

I think I liked Super Mario 3D Land more than Donkey Kong Country Returns, but they are both good games. As for the remaining 270 coins after that, I don't know enough about the other games to make a solid recommendation.

For the platinum reward, it honestly is probably Mario Kart 7, unless you have any interest in Animal Crossing. Those 2 games (along with Mario Golf) stand above the other 4 3DS games available, and if you don't like games like Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7 is the obvious choice (even though its clearly outclassed by Mario Kart Cool
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 12:15 pm

I've been looking around reddit when I was searching for a Mewtwo 3DS code and managed to trade my unwanted Gold Reward for a 3DS code. Among the same board for CN trading I managed to find someone who can trade me their unwanted platinum reward for 860 coins worth of stuff from me.

Was wondering if anyone here can give opinions on these games on which I should ask him to redeem assuming someone on here has played at least one of these and would like to share their opinion?

Mario Party Island Tour
Yoshi's New Island
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Ultimate NES Remix

The only Retail one I dont have from regular rewards is NSMB2. However I'd rather trade my 860 coins for one of the above.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 12:22 pm

Avoid yoshi's new island and ultimate nes remix. Yoshi's new island is just not really fun, and ultimate nes remix had little content and can be beat in an afternoon. I like animal crossing, but you have to like the type of game. I can't give an optinion on Mario party, as I havd not played it.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Mind giving me an opinion on Animal Crossing? It interests me the most but I was wondering if I'd be missing out on alot if I cannot play during most weekdays as the game seems to emphasize playing everyday and that is something I'll never be able to do. If its a game I can play sparingly and not worry about missing out on anything due to my schedule on some days I'd like to give it a try. Never played any of the AC games before but it might be a nice change of pace from the other games I have as I like games where I can collect and customize things.

Also how many blocks will it take to DL? I have a 32GB SD card so its probably not an issue but just curious.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:07 pm

It helps to play every day in Animal Crossing, but its not critical, progression will just be slower as you won't be doing things constantly, so you aren't unlocking things. Honestly, its a very relaxing game, not much pressure to do anything as the goals are what you make for them. Its a big download, but yeah, you shouldn't have a problem. 4000-6000 blocks I believe, Calicojack can tell you for sure, as I gave him it as my "reward" lol. Also, me, rafa, and Calicojack all have it, so you could have people to play with as well, which can help speed things up some. But yeah, the game plays off as if its a "life" of its own, so if you miss certain days, you will basically have just "stayed inside" all day lol.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Yeah, I had 10000 blocks free on my card and went to download dkcr3d, and was then informed that it is a 17000 block game.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyWed Apr 22, 2015 5:24 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Yeah, I had 10000 blocks free on my card and went to download dkcr3d, and was then informed that it is a 17000 block game.

That game is the reason I have a 32 GB SD Card in my 3DS lol
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 7:34 pm

I had to do a master cleanup to find space for Animal Crossing lol. I think mine is a 2GB SD card Razz
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Trade was a success and now I have AC:NL. Thanks for the input guys Smile

Now all I have to do is wait the full year for it to download Very Happy

EDIT: Took forever but finally found a nice layout and placed my house perfectly center where I wanted it on the grid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards    Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards  Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Nintendo Platinum Rewards
Page 1 of 1