cmzoid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

Random fun competitions Empty
PostSubject: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Just for fun, I thought I'd go here and do random competition things, and keep track of stats if people actually care to. First off, I say everyone should get trivia crack, because its fun Very Happy. If you have it, you can add me. My username is cmzoid or Cody McClain.

Also, records for things in Omega Ruby since we talked about them in the class. I know of cycling road best times and the Boppoyama for secret bases. I'll just post my times here to get started, and will probably keep a list in the OP if people actually are interest in competing Very Happy.

Cycling Road best times:

BlueDryBones1: 12:11, 0 collisions
cmzoid: 12.28 seconds, 0 collisions
rafa: 12.28 seconds, 0 collisions

Boppoyama most hits:

Bunselpower: 48
cmzoid: 47
Magikarpus: 42

Singles Battle Maison Streak:

Magikarpus: 100
Bunselpower: 84
ed819: 60
bash678: 50
cmzoid: 37

Doubles Battle Maison Streak:

Triples Battle Maison Streak:

Rotation Battle Maison Streak:

Last edited by cmzoid on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:56 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:26 pm

That freaking Hitler question. I saw Gestapo and didn't look at the rest.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:28 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
That freaking Hitler question. I saw Gestapo and didn't look at the rest.

I know. I did that, missed the racing question, and then didn't know the psyche one. Not a great challenge. Not as bad as earlier when my dog licked my screen and I missed who was the 1st president of the united states though Neutral Lesson learned: Tongues can apparently set off touch screens lol
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:49 pm

Bopoyama: 46 (my poor A button)
Cycling Road: 12.11 Seconds 0 Collisions.

If this becomes a thing Maison Streak should be a thing.

Last edited by BlueDryBones1 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Yeah, I'll include battle Maison too. It can be for any game of this gen. Hope more people post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:04 pm

My boopoyama is only like 42 Sad
I don't even know my cycling road... Sad
I sad now.

Also my first thought reading the OP was sporcle http://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Man, don't include battle Maison. I was cruising past 80 on super singles when I set my 3ds down and forgot about it. Sad I think I was on 84.

Boppoyama is 48 for me.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:34 pm

My Maison streaks are still at 50 (don't want to continue past that) for all trophies: Singles, Doubles, Triples, Multi, and Rotations. This was in X.

So far I have 3 trophies in AS, and currently doing Rotations. Once I finish the Delta Episode in OR, I'm going for the Multi trophy.
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 8:37 pm

My super singles battle maison streak record in XY is 60 wins
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Also, is there any way to check how many eggs we've hatched in the game? That'd be an interesting stat to see
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:38 pm

ed819 wrote:
Also, is there any way to check how many eggs we've hatched in the game? That'd be an interesting stat to see

You can do that when you battle people. It will show you all sort of stats. That one changes so much that its probably not the easiest to keep track of, as you can just post a new record if you break previous ones while that will constantly change, but if you are interest in the general thing, just have someone battle you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Oh, I thought there would be a way to see it in-game without having to battle people. My egg hatch count would probably be really high, it'd be really embarassing haha
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:27 am

My XY singles streak is also 84. O.O Spooky. Currently sitting at 60 in ORAS. Methinks it's time to break this tie.

Also had a multi streak with a friend of 79.

And we should totes post our teams too, but maybe that's not for this thread.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 6:58 am

[CraigFerguson]It's a great day for America everybody![/CraigFerguson]

Random fun competitions ZvkE2KV
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:28 am

Is that your winning streak Karp? In which format? Regardless, very impressive! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:21 am

Singles. And with the very same team that got me to 50 - Manectric-Mega, Aegislash and Dragonite.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:39 am

Very nice. I've been thinking about making another run, then I look at my pile of steam sale games and decide I don't want to. Still salty.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:47 am

Congrats! The battle maison has officially been destroyed!
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:12 am

Can I just air this out? I went for the Super Rotations trophy last night in AS. I lost to the Chatelaine mainly due to Lax Incense from that f*cking Latias. I am not exaggerating. The goal was to eliminate Latias early since I knew I can put a massive dent on everyone else with Low Kick from Mega Blaziken.

Every time I selected a move that's super effective on Latias, I had hoped the AI would rotate to Latias. And she did. Three times this happened. But each time, it missed. Gengar's Shadow Ball missed. Greninja's Ice Beam missed. Garchomp's Dragon Claw missed. I predicted the rotation right, but I missed.

Of all the five formats, Rotations is the hardest and most annoying in my opinion, as it's largely a guessing game more so than any of the other four. Even when I won it in X, it wasn't easy. It was also the trophy that took the longest time to obtain.

Anyway, I'm going to let the frustration of my clear misfortune die down and go for my Multi trophy instead after I'm done SR-ing my OR Rayquaza. I'll revisit Rotations later. Much later.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 8:56 am

"When the player plays well, cheat".

-GameFreak

Seriously, this is why smogon banned evasion. It is the single most uncompetitive aspect to this game. Making moves with virtually a maximum power of 60 to balance this is a complete joke.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:30 am

Is aura sphere the only one that isn't horrible?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:35 am

Yeah, and how many get that? 2?
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:40 am

10, 5 of them legendaries.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:41 am

I want to join the random fun competitions, let me check my cycling road time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:45 am

Oh yeah, forgot about gen 6 additions to that. Still.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:46 am

yep... and how do I check my cycling road best time?
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 10:01 am

Click on the sign at the one end and it will tell you your best time.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 10:21 am

Ooooh we're tied, zoid O.O but I'll beat you Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:25 pm

I did my Super Rotations campaign again. Decided to finish it first before Super Multi and with a slightly different team. This time the Chatelaine's Latias fell for Gengar's Destiny Bond. And everything was smooth sailing after that.

The team I used this time was : Greninja, Gengar, Blaziken, and a bulky Swords Dance Mega-Scizor. Mega-Scizor was there with Aerial Ace against evasion shenanigans. It is to note that this Scizor is actually Zoid's Scyther - the one he bred here. I raised it. So thanks Zoid.

So one more trophy to go: Super Multi.

Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Lost my Multi campaign at 43 mainly due to Rock Slide spamming Aerodactyl. Pretty sure it was Scarfed since it outsped my own Scarfed Pokémon.

Going to try again but this time with Karp (as discussed in the chat).

Karp, let's arrange a convenient time one day to play Multi together.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:16 pm

bash678 wrote:
Lost my Multi campaign at 43 mainly due to Rock Slide spamming Aerodactyl. Pretty sure it was Scarfed since it outsped my own Scarfed Pokémon.

Going to try again but this time with Karp (as discussed in the chat).

Karp, let's arrange a convenient time one day to play Multi together.

So close... Sad Bad luck. I don't really have any plans for the weekend, so Saturday/ Sunday afternoon should be good if you can do that.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Feebasus wrote:

So close... Sad Bad luck. I don't really have any plans for the weekend, so Saturday/ Sunday afternoon should be good if you can do that.

We can start Saturday afternoon and continue on Sunday. I have a housewarming party to attend to in the evening on Saturday though. We can discuss strategy in the chat in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:44 am

I've been looking into this and I don't think it's possible. It only lets you do it locally. That sucks. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:46 am

That's really dumb.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 9:54 am

Especially dumb because I'm sure it let you do this in HGSS. Am I crazy here? This was definitely a thing at some point. I wish GF would stop removing perfectly good features.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:20 am

They don't know how to make a game. If this game had to survive on its own they would already be bankrupt. But that's where their marketing genius struck, they don't have to.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:56 am

Feebasus wrote:
I've been looking into this and I don't think it's possible. It only lets you do it locally. That sucks. Neutral

Really? I think it does. I mean, when it asks you if you want to team up with a friend, answer no. And eventually the game will ask you to select a "friend" from the list - a list which includes Steven, Maxie/Archie, etc. If we're both online, we appear on each other's friends list.

Otherwise, if you select yes to teaming up with a friend, you will be forced to it locally.

But maybe you're right.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:00 am

I've done that before, but that list was just an offline version of that person. And not even their team. Maybe it's because no one was on.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:07 am

Bunselpower wrote:
I've done that before, but that list was just an offline version of that person. And not even their team. Maybe it's because no one was on.

I think you guys are both right. It seems that those "friends" are NPCs that are very loosely based on your actual friends. Lol.

Generally, multi battles are still allowed on the PSS. We've done it before with Seph, Zoid, Ms. C, and myself. But I guess just not with Battle Maison. That sucks.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:35 am

I finally repeated my accomplishment. Just like in X, I now also have all 5 trophies in the Maison in AS.

Random fun competitions 2jCRnB7

The boss battle for Super Multi was easy since I knew they would fall down to Eruption spam while Drought is in effect. But Battle #49 (which I did not save) was deadly against Archeops (used Rock Slide), Blastoise (used Rock Slide!), Marowak (used Rock Slide), and Cradily (potentially with Rock Slide, it just used Stockpile and Ingrain until I was able to take it down slowly).

I also encountered Heatran 3 times between Battle #41-48. But Low Kick Greninja for the win! No Aerodactyl in my final stretch but Wide Guard Bastiodon threatened - then again, Low Kick Greninja for the win.

The upside: I have amassed tons of BP for tutor moves. No need to collect the BP from Bank, I'll just let them accumulate.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:27 am

bash, champion of the maison
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random fun competitions   Random fun competitions Empty

Back to top Go down

Random fun competitions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breeding Squad :: Lobby :: ORAS-
Jump to: