Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 3:37 pm

It has been announced that there will be no compatibility patch for Pokemon X & Y to have the ability to have Mega and Primal Evolutions in that game.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/239469-junichi-masuda-shigeru-ohmori-talk-pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-video-interview

I don't like this move, because it seems like an admission that ORAS is lacking in content, and it needs help to sell it. That or GameFreak is not done with the game or is a giant group of jerks.

Also, the alienation of this group makes me worry that they won't think twice about dividing their install base further with a New 3ds exclusive game down the line.

All in all, GameFreak probably could've done without the press this day's news is going to receive.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Does this mean that we wont get to fight those megas and primal evos online in x and y? or just that they wont be implemented into the game itself?
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 3:44 pm

You cannot have those Mega Pokemon in those games, so I would assume you can't battle across the games, because the game isn't going to know what to render. I assume the games receive the Pokemon and info over Wi-Fi but not the actual rendering.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:15 pm

That's so strange... let's see how things will work... if in fact ORAS and XY can't interact that much, I do believe it is a marketing decision, which is sad...
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:28 pm

It says they're "compatible". So who knows what that means.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Yeah... I'm interested now...
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:49 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Also, the alienation of this group makes me worry that they won't think twice about dividing their install base further with a New 3ds exclusive game down the line.

This will probably happen because pokemon fans as a whole are very loyal and tend to be fairly easy to exploit. Specifically if the New 3DS isn't selling well, a release of a pokemon game exclusive to it would boost sales fast.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 4:50 pm

I will not buy a new 3ds for this. I don't care how good the game is.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:59 pm

cmzoid wrote:
Bunselpower wrote:

This will probably happen because pokemon fans as a whole are very loyal and tend to be fairly easy to exploit. Specifically if the New 3DS isn't selling well, a release of a pokemon game exclusive to it would boost sales fast.

Sad true. Loyalty can lead people to do crazy things. Sad
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I will not buy a new 3ds for this. I don't care how good the game is.

You're strong O.O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty
PostSubject: Re: NO PATCH FOR X & Y   NO PATCH FOR X & Y Empty

Back to top Go down

NO PATCH FOR X & Y
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breeding Squad :: Lobby :: ORAS-
Jump to: