Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

Mono-Bug NU Empty
PostSubject: Mono-Bug NU   Mono-Bug NU EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 am

With Shelmet's succesful reign of terror in RU I decided to make a team in NU dedicated to lesser used Bug types. Its been doing well so far. So long as the guy I'm facing doesnt have a Scarf Typhlosion of course.

Maestro (Kricketune) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Sticky Web
- Bug Bite
- Taunt

First to cover 3 of the members at once this team has 3 hazard setters. To give the best chance of success the team has access to Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, and Spikes. Kricketune seemed the best option as a lead due to access to Taunt. Taunt has stopped several Pokemon I have seen from getting their hazards up which is important because everyone on this team is SR weak and in order for Dwebble to accomplish a late game sweep you need to try to keep hazards off your side of the field. Sticky Web also another important move to use. Best use if there is a fast Pokemon you see thats Grounded and is a threat to the rest of your team. If the opponent's team is very defensive you might not need to get it up. Bug Bite for STAB and PuP just because.

Joy (Beautifly) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swarm
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

May be wondering why on earth am I not running Quiver Dance on this thing. Its solely because Beautifly does not want to take hits or Status so I've been experimenting with Specs and its been doing great so far. Bug Buzz for a strong STAB that gets even Stronger when she gets low on health. HP Rock for Flying types. Giga Drain for Rock/Ground/Water types and to heal itself up. Psychic for Poison types.

Winkle (Shelmet) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Recover
- Spikes
- Yawn
- Infestation

The inspiration for this team. The same set I ran in RU. Even less thing that can hurt Shelmet in NU on the defensive side so it hopefully can get up many layers of Spikes and get a free switch opportunity with Yawn+Infestation. Those 2 moves have allowed many of my Dwebble sweeps to come up since it gets extra turns to Shell Smash.

En Guarde (Karrablast) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Drill Run
- Double-Edge

Wanted somebody who unlike Dwebble can hit really hard right off the bat. Choice Band Karrablast is something I always wanted to try and with Sticky Web support it can take out many things with a banded STAB Megahorn. Best thing about that move is that with No Guard neither Megahorn nor Drill Run will ever miss.

Shield (Anorith) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Wanted a fast Bug with access to Stealth Rock. Dwebble was not an option as she was gonna be busy doing other things. Anorith then came to mine. Not Armaldo, they both were contenders but when I put both of them against each other in a race Armaldo took much longer than Anorith to get to the finish line. Stealth Rock is obvious. Helps discourage switches with all the other hazards this team is throwing around everywhere. Rapid Spin is of course to keep the hazards off my side. Knock Off for Support and Rock Slide for STAB that has decent accuracy.

Hermite Crab (Dwebble) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Flail
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

The most powerful force you will ever see in your life. Nothing outside priority will be able to save you from its vicious assault as it tears down your team through its sheer power and might. Dwebble was my favorite Bug type last gen and the reason it earned that title is because in my Random Wi-Fi NFE only team the team almost never lost because Dwebble was too busy 3-0ing everyone. Shell Smash helps it become super powerful to wreck everyone on the other side. Sturdy gurantees that it'll get it off if I've been doing good on keeping the hazards off. Lum Berry makes Dwebble laugh off any attempts to stop it from sweeping. Edgequake is all the coverage it'll need with Flail being its strongest move ones it hits Sturdy. This thing is no joke I've seen several teams even in OU crumble to the power of this thing all because they lacked a priority move. Priority is less common in NU which helps this little crab even more. With all the hazards up it helps it make sure it gets those KOs. Its fast enough to outspeed Modest Typhlosion but not Timid Typhlosion which is why I need the Sticky Web support. If said Typhlosion is the lead Dwebble will have to come in early to take it out at the cost of losing Sturdy.

Importable (B/c I want you guys to give it a try but please do not use those nicknames)
Spoiler:

Replays (not the most impressive but meh):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-164262830
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-159025389
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-159032786 - If anything this shows how easy it is for Dwebble to set up and tear through a team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-159039174
Back to top Go down

Mono-Bug NU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Breeding Squad :: Competitive Battling :: Sets & Strategies :: Team Building-
Jump to: