Set 1 : Male
Ability: Overcoat --> Tinted Lens
Nature: Hasty
Item: Silver Powder
IV spread: 31/31/31/30/30/31
Hidden Power: Ground
Egg Moves:
- No egg moves

Hasty for mixed set with U-turn and Quiver Dance. I chose Silver Powder as an item to slightly boost its Bug-type moves. It may not be the ideal item but we already have so many Orbs or Choice Items, so perhaps another item that could also be useful on it.

Set 2 : Female - Trash Cloak (Bug/Steel)
Ability: Overcoat
Nature: Sassy
Item: Occa Berry
IV spread: 31/31/31/30/30/1 (Trick Room HP Ground)
Hidden Power: Ground
Egg Moves:
- No egg moves

Since the Trash Cloak is the most balanced of the 3, so I opted to go mixed. A Trick Room is set is also possible given that low base speed, while still maintaining both defences.

Set 3 : Female - Sandy Cloak (Bug/Ground)
Nature: Impish
Item: Soft Sand
IV spread: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- No egg moves

The Sandy Cloak has higher physical attack and defence. It gets Earthquake as STAB and Rock Tomb against Flying types.  

Set 4 : Female - Plant Cloak (Bug/Grass)
Nature: Calm
Item: Miracle Seed
IV spread:  31/even/31/30/31/30 (Fire)
Hidden Power: Fire
Egg Moves:
- No egg moves

The Plant Cloak has higher special attack and defence. A Hidden Power could be useful for extra coverage.

All four sets are done.

Last edited by bash678 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:30 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:01 am

It has a nice Att. Makes me want to run Scarf U-turn since it gets Tinted Lens. I think you should go Hasty b/c your boosting SpD so you can make that stat useful.

Also these things have the extra 50/50 gender breeds to factor in. If you want to reball anything I'll do anything I can do to help o.o

Methinks you should do all the cloaks. I'm willing to do 2 of them if you need help? That extra 50/50 will make things a bit challenging.

Also the Steel one would probably prefer a Specially Defensive set though a Hidden Power still isnt out of the question both attacking stats are base 69 which is pretty bad but it has nice Defenses and typing. I think the females prefer Overcoat while the Grass one prefers Anticipation. Does Anticipation work only when you switch in or....?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 am

Also I think Mothim would appreciate HP Ground more 31/31/31/30/30/31

Tinted Lens means its pretty much set with its 2 STABs anyways.

HP Ground hits Fire/Rock/Steel/Electric types. A combination of those 4x resist your main STAB option but are hit really hard by HP Ground.

NFE Bug Buzz hits harder than SE HP Rock.

Also 31 Spe at +1 Lv 50

Also Hasty 252 w/ 31 Spe at Lv 50 allows you to outspeed Noivern in case if you want to know how fast this thing can be at +1.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 am

Hasty sounds good and also HP Ground for Mothim.

I find it redundant to have a Scarf on a Pokémon that's going to set up with Quiver Dance. Anyway, I think we have too many of that being given away so perhaps another item that would also prove useful on him?

Doing all the cloaks for the female really depends on what the group thinks. It provides, after all, additional clones and trade time. But like I said, I am open to doing all three since they don't have egg moves so they're going to be a relatively easy breed.

I also feel Overcoat is still superior to Anticipation, even for the Plant Cloak. Yes, it already has immunity to powder moves by virtue of it being part Grass but Sandstorm and Hail immunity can be useful too. I think Anticipation only works once you switch it in battle but I can't be too sure about Wormadam's fighting chances as I have only tried using Mothim.

If only one gets chosen though, the Trash Cloak is, I think, the best among the three.

Also, seeing that there is no need to gather egg moves, I did think about breeding Burmy in special balls so I'm going to do it:

Male Burmy - Timer Ball
Female Trash Cloak - Dream Ball

If the other two Cloaks get a go signal:

Female Plant Cloak - Nest / Net Ball
Female Sandy Cloak - Luxury Ball
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:

Also the Steel one would probably prefer a Specially Defensive set though a Hidden Power still isnt out of the question both attacking stats are base 69 which is pretty bad but it has nice Defenses and typing.

Yeah but I looked at its movepool and it gets Iron Head so I thought of a mixed set with Hidden Power. It does have the best defences out of the three so Physical/Special can still be viable.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 am

Well if it works all the time when opponent switches in I think its worth it to check for Hidden Powers since in the tier its in you near never see weather. To me its all based on how it works. If it only works on the switch in though then it isn't gonna help you more than overcoat. If Anticipation turns out to be more useful than we think though maybe a HGSS ball can be considered as I can find one in Route 38 there.

I think its worth doing all 3 sets though as they each have different stat placements and typing to perform differently. 2 of them would appreciate Hidden Powers(Grass and Steel with Rock not needing one as its more physically leaning) as well as saves us the time from struggling to rebreed them as that extra 50/50 makes it difficult.

If you do need help though in case of time concerns lemme know. Of course they dont have to be born in those cloaks. If its possible to change the cloak in-battle before trading them w/o levelling them up that might be good though.

Also above comment on Wormadam perhaps you can consider a -Spe nature for Wormadam in that case. It has good Defenses and would be a shame to lower it. Maybe something like Sassy w/ 0 or 30 Spe (whichever comes first) and make your HP around it. Its speed is base 38 so unless you have para support it wont outspeed anything anyways.

W/ 30 Spe IV it can outrun base 130s after para w/ a -Spe nature. W/ 0 its more TR inclined so you can justify either to make it easier to get either spread.

Also the reason I'm bringing paralysis up is just in caseyou dont want to lower its Speed too much though really w/o Paralysis support its not gonna be outrunning anything.

Also if it has to do something in battle to change form make it faint and win w/ someone else and see if that works or turn off exp share. Never ever had a Burmy in my party so dont know how it works.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:55 am

Also 31/31/31/30/30/31 is HP Ground. You made a typo in the first post. You almost made me check. If there was a way to get both 31 SpA AND Speed w/ HP Ground I wouldve been really suprised.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:56 am

I think Anticipation only works when you switch it in and not when the opponent switches in. I'll go dig up on that.

Oh yeah, Defence-boosting nature like Sassy or Relaxed for Wormadam sounds good.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 am

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Also 31/31/31/30/30/31 is HP Ground. You made a typo in the first post. You almost made me check. If there was a way to get both 31 SpA AND Speed w/ HP Ground I wouldve been really suprised.

Ah yes, it was a typo. Thanks for noticing.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:06 am

Oh yeah and to make it easier whatever Wormadam spread you go for w/ -Spe you should aim for 0,1,30, or 31 Spe. Gives you 2 options depending on the Hidden Power which should make it easier if you want a 6IV. Both have their merits unless you plan to run Gyro Ball on it (0 Spe Gyro Ball does max damage if foe has at least 276 Spe) but Iron Head should do fine mainly b/c not many things are that fast this gen. Especially walls.

B/c its Bug/Steel. HP Ground hits Fire, an Steel which wall you otherwise. You would have problems against Steel types w/o it. You dont want to stay in on Fire types but its if they switch in.

The best HP Ground spread for it may be 31/31/31/30/30/1 or 31 (w/ 1 being better for TR but 31 making you able to outspeed Paralyzed base 130s so you can go with whichever you get first)

When you think about it its why Escavalier likes Drill Run so much so I think Ground (again) is the best option.

I'll wait on everyone's opinions on the other cloaks before I bring up sets for them.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 11:48 am

Anticipation seems kind of situational, I agree with bash that overcoat seems better insofar as preventing hail and sandstorm. However, you do have no business staying in on the main types of hail and sandstorm (rock and ice). But anticipation is still not great. I don't know, we're discussing a really bad bug grass type. Since there's really 4 pokes here, just keep overcoat and if someone wants the other, there's no egg moves to worry about.

Also, I'm on board for all cloaks, just FYI.
Back to top Go down
Shrimpai
Breeder
Shrimpai

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:06 am

Wormadam is a Pokemon I think is really cool, but it really sucks. I enjoy using them in game though. I agree on overcoat also.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:31 am

Anyone else have comments on these 4 pokémon. I'm going to start breeding later today.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 5:30 pm

All four sets are done.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:02 am

bash678 wrote:
All four sets are done.

*Takes MC's place for a few minutes*

*has heart attack*

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Burmy Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Burmy   [Finished] Burmy Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Burmy
Page 1 of 1