Mademoiselle C
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : There's a Foongus Amoongus
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
Item: Black Sludge
IV spread: 31/0/31/30/31/30 (goal)
Hidden Power: Fire
Egg Moves:
-Endure
-Gastro Acid
-Body Slam
-Stun Spore

Status

In the Distribution Stage

Last edited by cmzoid on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 1:48 pm

I don't really know where to go with the egg moves for this thing. I was thinking about doing another set for doubles, but I don't know if anyone would actually want one, and given that I don't do doubles... I don't really know if this thing is great in doubles... so yeah...

If anyone has any suggestions, just post here. It doesn't have the best of egg moves... so they are more or less throwaway.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha

haaahahahahaaahahahaha
aaahhaaahhahaha

aahhahaha

haha

ha.

Okay I'm done laughing at the name of the set.

I'd say Growth instead of Rollout.
Other that it's all good.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:05 pm

I was going to go with Growth too... until I realized it learned it at level 6... why is it even an egg move?
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:16 pm

The name of the set is hilarious. I love it.

This thing actually has some use in doubles, especially when it learns Rage Powder. This allows your ally to set-up, which is not very common in doubles due to the normally fast-paced all-out offensive nature of doubles.

This thing also does not have great egg moves so anything really would be fine. The set listed can actually already work for doubles though I don't think breeding for HP is worth it. I mean it's an odd choice but it might work for the surprise factor.

Regardless, only one set is needed for Foongus Amoongus.

Last edited by bash678 on Fri May 30, 2014 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:21 pm

I don't really see the need for hp, especially on a defensive set. Stun spore is the only necessary egg move, and drop rollout for rage powder. Other than that, all good!
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:24 pm

It already learns Rage Powder though. And the main reason I had HP fire was for pokemon like Ferrothorn which won't be affected by Spore, Stun Spore, or Rage Powder to potentially prevent it from being completely walled by grass types.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:30 pm

Oh whoops, I misread the previous post, I thought he said it was an egg move.

And yeah, I can see that being useful. Also, this thing can run a really, really effective assault vest set with hp fire. I just realized it gets giga drain and regenerator, which is unbelievably good for an AV user. I actually propose a modest attacking set with hp fire and the regular bold set with or without. Since it gets spore, everyone is expecting it to do that. I remember now this thing paired with slowbro being a terrifying regenerator core.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Alright, I'm backtracking now, I thought it's special attack was higher than it actually is. 85 isn't great. We should probably focus on what it does best, pivot. Bold is best, stay with that.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Alright, I'm backtracking now, I thought it's special attack was higher than it actually is. 85 isn't great. We should probably focus on what it does best, pivot. Bold is best, stay with that.

I was going to say, its special attack isn't that good, but was willing to try if people wanted it. Though anyone have any ideas on the egg moves? They are pretty much throwaways outside of Stun Spore, but I'd like to get people's opinions at least, as Roll out seems pretty... meh
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:44 pm

These are fine.

Actually, Body Slam is better than rollout I think.

Also, lol at "discussionary phase".
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Body Slam is better but apart from Stun Spore they're all filler anyway so this looks good to me.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:49 pm

I think the way to go with the EMs should be Defense Curl, Endure, Gastro Acid, Stun Spore.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyFri May 30, 2014 6:07 pm

I added a poll for the last egg move just because its easier that way, and this still has most of the 48 hours left for discussion anyway, so if anyone cares enough to vote, they likely will.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptySat May 31, 2014 2:51 pm

If this thing ends in a tie I'm going to do whatever is easiest, because they are throwaway anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm totally not trying to make it a tie
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:23 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
I'm totally not trying to make it a tie

Time to go cancel my votes for electric and ice and vote up water again
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:36 pm

you uneducated swine how dare you
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptySat May 31, 2014 8:43 pm

Dragon-Flower wrote:
you uneducated swine how dare you

I be has an edumacation I's tells u wat!
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:45 am

I'm really glad the moves sit at 3-3-3 right now.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:26 am

Well this poll isn't doing its job...
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 12:28 pm

AND THE WINNER IS BODY SLAM!!!
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 1:51 am

Hmmm... I just realized. Amoongus has a base speed of 30... should I be going for a 31/0/31/30/31/0 spread... O.O
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:28 pm

I got a 31/30/31/30/31/30 one... so its "finished"
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Yeah, with stun spore, honestly, the speed probably helps. Nicely done Zoid. Now focus your hidden power breeding abilities on me so I can get this accursed Oddish done.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
Yeah, with stun spore, honestly, the speed probably helps. Nicely done Zoid. Now focus your hidden power breeding abilities on me so I can get this accursed Oddish done.

*focusing*
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Just wondering, if I rebreed this to get the 31/0/31/30/31/30 spread, would people still want the 31/30/31/30/31/30 spread? Or should I just give one? And if so... which?
Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:09 pm

The 0 atk would be optimal, but I don't really think it matters. The 30 atk would be fine
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 9:19 pm

Yeah, don't worry about it Zoid.
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:43 pm

Everyone is going to get a 31/30/31/30/31/30 foongus. I just got my 5th one with this spread, I'm done with it lol

Ignore this post... it was a moment of weakness...

Last edited by cmzoid on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 12:08 am

And now I have the 31/0/31/30/31/30 Foongus. Only took a shiny and 5 31/30/31/30/31/30 Foongus to get... but I finally got one!!!

(also, thanks Seph for the ditto that made it possible Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Foongus Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Foongus   [Finished] Foongus Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Foongus
Page 1 of 1