Sephiroth0327
bash678
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

[Finished] Tentacool Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:41 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Defensive
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Nature: Calm
Item: Black Sludge
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
-Knock off
-Rapid spin
-Haze
-Aqua ring

Set 2: Offensive Special
Ability: Clear body
Nature: Timid
Item: Black Sludge / Air Balloon / Life Orb
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
-Knock off
-Rapid spin
-Haze
-Mirror coat

Last edited by Darksamus on Tue May 27, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:56 am

Another set could also be a Timid one with Rain Dish, although admittedly that is specifically for a rain team.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth0327
Breeder
Sephiroth0327

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:15 am

I also prefer Rain Dish but that's because I run my Tentacruel on my Rain Team - I also like Aqua Ring instead of Mirror Coat but that's just me
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:39 am

I would throw Liquid Ooze in for the ability, because the only thing that is going to drop your relevant stats is Sticky Web. If it's a problem for you, then I guess Clear Body is superior, but with Liquid Ooze, you put a stop to Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Drain Punch, Draining Kiss, etc. I realize you're resistant to those last two, but it makes LL Cruel J that much better a switch in.

Rain Dish isn't good enough anymore imo, because Cruel isn't going to be switching in the turn after necessarily, it's a utility pokemon, it won't be on there for the long run. And being a utility pokemon, I don't think Aqua Ring is ever worth it on a pokemon whose main function is to switch in and spin. Taking an extra turn for setup for Leftovers recovery that disappears when you inevitably switch out isn't going to mesh well.

Not to ramble, but I also prefer Bold, only because one of its biggest draws is its fighting resist, plus it makes it a good universal switch in since it's a spinner. I feel like that's it's best role, a utility pivot, and it's really good at that.

Whew, that was a lot.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:57 am

I think Tenta deserves 2 sets. One with Liquid Ooze and one with Rain Dish. One Calm and one Timid. And I also think Aqua Ring is better than either Mirror Coat or Knock Off.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:59 am

I think we've had this discussion before Mademoiselle. If it gets knock off, it should be running knock off. I'm fine if people want to do Aqua Ring over Mirror Coat, and Calm over Bold, but Knock Off stays.
Back to top Go down
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 10:51 am

I agree with Bunsel about Knock Off. I put Clear Body as the ability because the 6 Iv tentacool I already have has that ability. I'll set up a poll for the nature.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:10 am

Make a second set with a timid nature though. And the timid set can have clear body.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:20 am

Do people actually run Timid offensive Cruel?

Either way, I still maintain that liquid ooze is better on the defensive set.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:23 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Do people actually run Timid offensive Cruel?

I used to run it. it is pretty cool because people don't expect it so they send out a fast-ish pokemon to Earthquake it because they think they outspeed and they get scalded or surfed or ice beamed in the face.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:25 am

Huh. It's typing is so good defensively I can't bring myself to run it that way. I guess an offensive spinner set could be good.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptySat May 24, 2014 5:32 pm

I think you can start breeding

(and i think the timid set can run black sludge too)
Back to top Go down
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyMon May 26, 2014 3:56 pm

I've been busy these past days. I'll start breeding tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:19 am

Since you don't have HA on your Tentacools would you like for me to get you 1 or 2 in special balls from HGSS? Or you can just go anywhere in-game if you prefer a non-HGSS ball.
Back to top Go down
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:06 pm

BlueDryBones1 wrote:
Since you don't have HA on your Tentacools would you like for me to get you 1 or 2 in special balls from HGSS? Or you can just go anywhere in-game if you prefer a non-HGSS ball.

I'm not doing a set with the HA so its not needed, but thank you for the offer!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Hey there, do you think you'll be done this week?
Back to top Go down
Darksamus
Breeder

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Yes, I'm working on it right now.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 9:44 am

Hey, no pressure, but if you're busy with real life and need someone to help you breed one of the Tentacool for this round you can ask!
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:37 am

So, I just realized Darksamus hasn't been online for over a week so...

Well, you know the drill... Who wants to take over?
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 10:01 am

I have time to breed 1 set but not both.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 10:58 am

ok write down which one you breed and someone else will breed the other one
Back to top Go down
Team_Darkfire
Breeder
Team_Darkfire

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 10:59 am

I don't mind taking over. I only bred one other pokemon this round.
Back to top Go down
BlueDryBones1
Breeder
BlueDryBones1

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:00 am

Mademoiselle C wrote:
ok write down which one you breed and someone else will breed the other one

Well I have all the EMs available on the first one so I guess I'll take that one.

I'll start on it after I finish breeding my Emolgas.
Back to top Go down
Team_Darkfire
Breeder
Team_Darkfire

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:00 am

I can take the second set then, if that's ok.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:39 am

Go for it.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:42 am

Blue, get on the chat if you have a minute
Back to top Go down
Team_Darkfire
Breeder
Team_Darkfire

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Both sets are finished! I lack the administrative power to modify the post though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Thank you! I'm editing it now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Tentacool   [Finished] Tentacool Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Tentacool
Page 1 of 1