IV spread: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Type (or Not Relevant)
Egg Moves:
-Earth Power
-Head Smash
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang

OTHER SETS
Would the group like a Special Attacker or Physical Attacker set as well?

Progress

Done

Last edited by dobinrules on Thu May 08, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:48 am

Dark pulse is a TM, get head smash. I like it being mixed. I also like it as mild instead of hasty, because 97 speed just isn't quite enough imo. I like running scarf or wall breaking, both of which I prefer with a positive speed nature.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:53 am

Bunselpower wrote:
Dark pulse is a TM, get head smash. I like it being mixed. I also like it as mild instead of hasty, because 97 speed just isn't quite enough imo. I like running scarf or wall breaking, both of which I prefer with a positive speed nature.

I was thinking Head Smash, but I wasn't sure if people would actually use it because of the recoil damage.
Scarf is how I normally run my special set for the extra speed boost but I wasn't 100% sure on who would use it here again (I tend to run some bizarre sets on mons).

But Mild will actually be a better nature for the extra speed! Thanks! I'll wait for more input before I change anything though.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Hasty IS a positive speed nature. Mild is + special attack.

I like this set and agree with Head Smash > Dark Pulse.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
Hasty IS a positive speed nature. Mild is + special attack.

I like this set and agree with Head Smash > Dark Pulse.

I'd blame the fact I'm half asleep but I doubt that would wash lol..
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Did he mean that mild works better with the extra speed from the scarf? I thought the same thing you did, but I think he didn't mean mild is plus speed, just that it works better. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:15 pm

97 is such a weird speed tier. Three more points and I'd go with hasty every time. But as it is, it's really a toss up. It's high enough to get away with running plus attack on a scarf, but yet for a life orb set hasty lets you beat stuff with base 95. But a lot of them don't run speed. Idk, this is going to be a good discussion.
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyTue May 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
97 is such a weird speed tier. Three more points and I'd go with hasty every time. But as it is, it's really a toss up. It's high enough to get away with running plus attack on a scarf, but yet for a life orb set hasty lets you beat stuff with base 95. But a lot of them don't run speed. Idk, this is going to be a good discussion.

I agree that base 97 is kinda weird, the extra 3 speed would set it in a much more dangerous level! I think Scarf is probably going to be the item of choice for the mixed set (even though I hate being locked on 1 attack).
Mild nature with Scarf is dangerous! I think Head Smash is going to be a definite change however.
Back to top Go down
Aerodactyls13
Breeder
Aerodactyls13

Female

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:42 pm

I like the idea of the mixed attacker, I only ever see one sided attackers, so I think this set should be good. (do you choose to breed all your own previous breeding projects? :b)
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Aerodactyls13 wrote:
I like the idea of the mixed attacker, I only ever see one sided attackers, so I think this set should be good. (do you choose to breed all your own previous breeding projects? :b)

But but I've bred pretty much all the dark types Sad It is my favourite type after all! Wait till you see me flounder with the fairy types haha
Back to top Go down
dobinrules
Breeder
dobinrules

Male

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:45 pm

I will start breeding this tomorrow. I've made changes to the original set as per feedback!
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth0327
Breeder
Sephiroth0327

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino EmptySun May 18, 2014 3:32 pm

I am taking this one over - will start on it shortly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Deino Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Deino   [Finished] Deino Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Deino
Page 1 of 1