Item: Expert Belt
IV spread: 31/xx/30/30/30/30 for HP Fighting
Hidden Power: Fighting
Egg Moves:
- Nasty Plot
- Disable
- Barrier
- Cosmic Power

Very simple and standard set. HP Fighting is an option. Barrier is chosen as the final egg move (it was a toss-up among Skill Swap, Ally Switch, and Barrier).

Last edited by bash678 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmzoid
Cloner
cmzoid

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:56 am

I vote for HP Fightning because yes Very Happy

Also, I didn't forget about Elgyem, I just couldn't pick it because I had to get Solosis first because I've been plotting the set name for months.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:00 pm

Love this guy. Is quiet and 0 speed better because of Analytic?
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Idk about that thing's stats, but I know that when you use Analytic Starmie, you still give it max speed, because the point is not to try to be slower than your opponents, it's to force switches and hit hard on the switch thanks to Analytic.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Quiet can also be an option. But it depends if we want to purposely lower its speed (its speed is already not stellar to begin with). And if we're thinking 0 speed for Trick Room, it would defeat the purpose of Analytic.

I think a similar argument was also raised during the breeding of Analytic Magnezone whether to go Quiet / Modest. I think we ended up with Modest.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:08 pm

Right, but this thing has 20 or 25 speed I think.
Back to top Go down
Dragon-Flower
Cloner
Dragon-Flower

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 pm

I forget about elgyem less than i forget about (insert most gen 1 pokes here)

elgyem's evo is pretty Smile

i have nothing helpful to say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Beheeyem has 40, but still, it doesn't make much difference. It's not going to outspeed anything with or without a speed reducing nature.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Ah OK, 40 is better. You will out speed quite a few things there. It's a question of what you want to do.
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:34 pm

eeewww I didn't know it was slow
Back to top Go down
rafa
Breeder
rafa

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:34 pm

bash678 wrote:
Quiet can also be an option. But it depends if we want to purposely lower its speed (its speed is already not stellar to begin with). And if we're thinking 0 speed for Trick Room, it would defeat the purpose of Analytic.

I think a similar argument was also raised during the breeding of Analytic Magnezone whether to go Quiet / Modest. I think we ended up with Modest.

yeah it's pretty much the same situation and I'll stick with Modest too
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 2:46 pm

OK, 40 kinda changes the equation a bit, modest is probably the best here. I just see Starmie as a bigger threat than this, and the reason it and Magnezone works with normal modest is because of the fact that they have other extremely common sets that are quicker.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:55 am

I'm going for Modest HP Fighting on this one with Expert Belt as the item (to boost super-effective attacks).
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 9:20 am

Sounds great.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:30 pm

Lol. Cosmic Power is one massive chain breed. Alright, this is going to be fun. Nice.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Set is done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished Elgyem Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished Elgyem   [Finished Elgyem Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished Elgyem
Page 1 of 1