Bunselpower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:51 pm

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Trick Room Offensive
Ability: Mummy
Nature: Quiet
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 30/30/31/30/30/lowest possible even (HP Fighting) or some other HP Fighting spread
Hidden Power: Fighting
Egg Moves:
- Heal Block
- Hidden Power Fighting (TM)
- Toxic Spikes
- Nasty Plot

If Trick Room is set up by someone else, Cofragigus can be a decent offensive attacker. HP Fighting is for coverage against Dark types/moves, Toxic Spikes to poison switch-ins and eventually make use of Hex (if you want to use it, Cofragigus learns it naturally). Nasty Plot to go all-out offensive and the last egg move is filler: Heal Block (Yamask learns Disable naturally).

AND

Set 2: Defensive Coffin 
Ability: Mummy
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
IV spread: 31/xx/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Heal Block
- Memento
- Toxic Spikes
- Nasty Plot (or Will-O-Wisp TM)

Cofragigus is also known for its defensive bulk. We can also buff its Defense even further with Bold.

Egg moves will be the same but with the addition of Memento in lieu of Hidden Power. Nasty Plot can be replaced by Will-O-Wisp but since that's a TM, then I guess let's keep Nasty Plot.

Progress

Set 2 is finished. I honestly thought it would take a bit longer. I bred a perfect 6IV.

Set 1: Done

Last edited by bash678 on Fri May 09, 2014 9:54 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:19 pm

I generally find Ghosts to be better with Bold, just because they can switch into a physical attacker and get the burn off without fear of dying first. I think that's why they generally run Bold, and it makes sense.

With regards to the sets, this is a pokemon that can run two distinct sets very successfully. I would propose that both are bred, but this is up to the rest of the community and, of course, the breeder. We're in no rush here, so don't feel like you can only take one set in the interest of getting pokemon done. We want viability, and I see dual viability here.

EDIT: Was that poll always there? I could have sworn I didn't see it when I entered the thread...
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:28 pm

I added the poll a few minutes after I posted this.

But yes, Cofragigus is one of those pokemon that can run offensive and defensive. And Bold makes sense. I can definitely do both as I have the resources to do so (the first one might take longer to breed).

For the filler egg move, Ally Switch may be useful in doubles; it's also one of those transfer-only egg moves. But perhaps Heal Block may be the "superior" filler egg move to prevent opponents from healing.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyThu May 08, 2014 3:56 pm

There's not a lot of votes and comments yet but seeing that both sets are indeed viable, I'm just going to proceed with breeding - starting with Set 2 first (Defensive) since it's easier and then move on to Set 1 (Offensive Trick Room) afterwards.

Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyThu May 08, 2014 3:58 pm

I agree with breeding both sets. I'm sure Ms C will have my guts for how often I'm saying that this time around but they're really distinct from one another and both definitely viable.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyThu May 08, 2014 4:05 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Update:

So I finished Set 2 (Defensive) with 6 perfect IVs.

I also finished Set 1 with the following spread: 30/14/31/30/30/0 (HP Fighting). Since Cofragigus's attack is useless, I'm thinking this should be ok. At least the Defense is maximized, which is important.

EDIT: Oh crap, lol, for the Offensive one I also used Bold instead of the planned Quiet. Well, I can re-breed it for Quiet, which raises Special Attack but reduces Speed. The reduced Speed should be ideal for Trick Room. And it needs the extra SpA buff if its offensive. (I thought I had replaced the Ditto - lol).

Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:46 pm

OMG WHY IS EVERYONE BREEDING 2 SETS???????????
GAH.

>.>

<.<

Back to top Go down
ed819
Breeder
ed819

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:21 pm

As much as I discourage breeding multiple sets for a pokemon, I think yamask deserves 2 sets. The proposed sets play differently and are, in my opinion, both viable competitively.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:38 am

I initially did one set for Murkrow (because I thought we were only doing one) until I was convinced after some discussion that certain Pokemon can have two different yet still viable sets, so I did another one. Yamask also falls into that category.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:41 am

Update

Set 2: Defensive --> Done (Bold and 6IVs)

Set 1: Offensive Trick Room --> also Done (Quiet with following exact spread: 30/30/31/30/30/0 for HP Fighting)
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:02 am

bash678 wrote:
I initially did one set for Murkrow (because I thought we were only doing one) until I was convinced after some discussion that certain Pokemon can have two different yet still viable sets, so I did another one. Yamask also falls into that category.

Nearly all pokemon can have 2 "viable" sets. It doesn't mean they're all worth the ~30 extra trades for the cloners, because most of them get next to no use competitively.

When we're talking about Gyarados, Tyranitar, Aegislash and the like, they definitely need 2 sets because everybody uses them and you only need to do like 10 battles to see at least 2 different sets for each of them. Those are the pokemon that were supposed to get 2 sets. But the definition of "2 viable sets" got extended way too much amd now nearly all our pokes get 2, which is exactly what we didn't want to happen. I mean if someone really wants that second set they can breed it themself from the first set...

At the end of the day I don't care, it's the cloners who are going to have like 200 more trades to do than expected. After the fire type, some cloners specifically asked for a "please avoid making 2 sets" rule and now nobody respects it.
Back to top Go down
bash678
Breeder
bash678

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:40 am

Anyway, if the cloners don't want the other set and will just choose to accept one, that's not really a problem because the breeder can just send one set and the other will be marked "skipping per".
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:57 am

@Ms C - I think the issue is what people consider "viable"... we can't just go by what's viable in standard OU play, as the majority of pokemon we're breeding are not viable with ANY set. In which case why breed them at all? But within their own tier, many pokemon can function effectively with multiple different sets, so it makes sense to breed them both. You say no one will use Drifblim or Cofagrigus, but what if people want to organise RU matches with their friends? We have to cater to as many people's needs as possible, not just people who want to play standard 6v6 OU singles.

(And I do agree that some of the fire sets were probably unnecessary - Darmanitan, Heatmor and Vulpix come to mind. But this time around I don't think that's the case)

I guess this is another one for the cloners - if they still feel we have an unreasonable amount of sets then we can cut back. But with 6 of them, hopefully it won't be too much of an issue. Perhaps this is an issue best discussed elsewhere though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:08 am

To be fair, heatmor was a very lucky accident.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptyFri May 09, 2014 12:00 pm

The possibility of a friendly RU match doesn't justify so many trades. If such a match happens and someone wants another set they can breed it. Everyone doesn't necessarily need to have it, since most people won't use it. That's why only viable OU sets should be bred, because almost everybody is going to use them, so their usage justifies all the efforts involved.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:46 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me at your nearest convenience.  Thank you!
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:54 am

I have collected 2 sets for yamask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Finished] Yamask Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Yamask   [Finished] Yamask Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Yamask
Page 1 of 1