Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

[Finished] Drifloon Empty
PostSubject: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:11 am

Proposed Sets

Set 1 : Substitute Baton Passer
Ability: Unburden
Nature: Bold
Item: Salac Berry
IV spread: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Hidden Power: Not Relevant
Egg Moves:
- Disable
- Hypnosis
- Defog
- Destiny Bond

Set 2 : Special Sweeper
Ability: Unburden
Nature: Modest
Item: Petaya Berry
IV spread: 31/31 or odd/30/30/30/30
Hidden Power: HP Fighting
Egg Moves:
- Disable
- Hypnosis
- Defog
- Destiny Bond

Progress

Discussion

Last edited by bouncer2085 on Fri May 09, 2014 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:17 am

I like the sweeper set, a little variation on the Empoleon Sub Petaya set.

But the passer set could be played defensively as a defogger until you're ready to pass.

I wish it got endure, that with weakness policy can end a game. I have to say, they are both great sets.
Back to top Go down
Magikarpus
Project Manager
Magikarpus

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyWed May 07, 2014 9:45 am

I really like the idea of calm mind + weakness policy, in just one turn you could get to +3 special attack and +2 speed. Maybe Drifblim is too easily OHKO'd to pull it off though. Anyways, these sets both look great.
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:01 am

The YouTuber pyrotoz made a series featuring Endure Weakness Policy Drifblim. Basically, you predict a super effective attack, use Endure, and double your attacking stats while Unburden doubles your speed. Bad matchup comes in? Baton pass the Weakness Policy boosts to something else. It was incredibly effective. I liked it so much I actually bred one in gen 4, taught it Endure, and transferred it over.

Calm mind is a neat take on that though, and could definitely help with that.

What about Stockpile acting the same way but for both defenses? That gets passed too, right? Wow, passing plus 2 attacks and plus 1 defenses is frightening. That settles it, I'm doing that when I get these.

Sorry, I realize this isn't really in relation to the set, but I love competitive theoretical talk.
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:02 pm

Bunselpower wrote:
I like the sweeper set, a little variation on the Empoleon Sub Petaya set.

But the passer set could be played defensively as a defogger until you're ready to pass.

I wish it got endure, that with weakness policy can end a game. I have to say, they are both great sets.

Yeah, it sucks that endure can't be taught to it. But it is just one of many pokemon that got skrewed in the this gen.
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Magikarpus wrote:
I really like the idea of calm mind + weakness policy, in just one turn you could get to +3 special attack and +2 speed. Maybe Drifblim is too easily OHKO'd to pull it off though. Anyways, these sets both look great.

Drifblim might last long enough to pull it off. Its base HP is pretty high but it all depends on the pokemon that it is going against
Back to top Go down
Bunselpower
Project Manager
Bunselpower

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:32 pm

I actually thought of something, and went around to check if it was viable. If you invest in Drifblim's defenses, you actually get them up over 100, and with that gargantuan HP stat, you have a really good chance of living a super effective hit. This is obviously more for a passer than an offensive poke, but pass that to something like Mega Abomasnow or Garchomp, and that game's over.

To this end, I think both sets are absolutely the way to go here.
Back to top Go down
bouncer2085
Breeder
bouncer2085

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyThu May 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Alright, I am going to go ahead and start breeding both sets.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Honestly, I think Drifloon is far from deserving 2 sets. Nobody ever uses that thing competitively. And the only set i've seen used is the special sweeper set in a few UU battles.
Back to top Go down
Mademoiselle C
Goddess
Mademoiselle C

Female

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptyThu May 08, 2014 8:41 pm

* VERY far from deserving 2 sets. It's not worth all the extra trades at all.
Back to top Go down
csidun
Cloner
csidun

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Do you have the pokemon bred and finished up? To speed up the distribution process, we will be collecting the completed pokemon as they get finished, so let's coordinate the transfer of this pokemon over to me (or any cloner) at your nearest convenience. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Finished] Drifloon   [Finished] Drifloon Empty

Back to top Go down

[Finished] Drifloon
Page 1 of 1